Is there a way to change screenshot limit?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kiraki.9761

Kiraki.9761

As the titles says, is there any way to change this limit?

To me 999 is very little, and I find it to be a very stupid mechanic seeing as the screenshots are saved on my pc, it should be my prerogative as to how many I want to have in there. I do not really understand the reason for this limit at all.

This is incredibly frustrating when you are trying to take screenshots and it fills up right when you are in the middle of something and you can’t afford to go rename the folder.

Posted by: XcomCaveRat.4059

XcomCaveRat.4059

If this is so important to you, why not use Fraps or something similar to grab screens?

Gandara

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

You make 999 screenshots in a short amount of time ? The hell are you doing ? Cant you better make a vid of what youre trying to do ? Otherwise…isnt it simple enough to just drag those screens out the folder ( no need to rename ) And put them in a different folder ( Screens2 )….

Kiraki.9761

@XcomCaveRat.4059: I really do not like using fraps as it gives me random fps drops for no reason whatsoever.

@Caedmon.6798: I like taking screenshots, as simple as that, and no, dragging them into a different folder or renaming the folder makes no difference whatsoever, either of these require me to actually put the game on hold. When I am in the middle of a major event or big boss fight, I cannot afford to alt+tab my game just to go fix a full screenshots folder.

Posted by: myng.3516

myng.3516

I like taking screenshots, as simple as that, and no, dragging them into a different folder or renaming the folder makes no difference whatsoever, either of these require me to actually put the game on hold. When I am in the middle of a major event or big boss fight, I cannot afford to alt+tab my game just to go fix a full screenshots folder.

Then do it while you’re not on the game or doing anything important?

Overpaid, Underplayed

Kiraki.9761

@myng.3516: Yes I can do that if it fills up when I am not busy, but the main reason I am asking is because if filled up while I was in the middle of a big fight. There are more than enough things happening during fights for me to keep an eye on, now I need to keep tabs on the number of screenshots I take too just so I can plan ahead to be in a non-agro area when it fills up? Who plans their gameplay around their screenshots folder? Again, this just shows what a pointless mechanic this is.

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

How do you need to take so many screenshots during any event that you don’t filter out when you’re not actually playing the game? o.O

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Exactly…how do you even manage to take 999 screens while during an event,and for what purpose… ?

Posted by: uberlurker.6485

uberlurker.6485

I believe this is not something everyone needs and so not a priority for ANet.
I myself doing a lot of shots so when I saw your thread I decided to do something about it.
I came up with a cmd batch and a file notify service and well it works great.
Maybe there is something out there for you.

Kiraki.9761

I get more replies asking me why I take so many screenshots then helpful comments, seriously if you have nothing helpful to say then please refrain from posting, let’s just say I am a hoarder and leave it at that.

@ uberlurker.6485: If I do that I might as well run fraps, I was hoping for a solution that does not require me to run anything extra in the background just to be able to take screenshots freely as I am trying to keep my fps at a maximum. Thank you though.

And thanks to everyone else that posted helpful responses, this is clearly an issue that only effects a small minority of players so I guess there wont be any real solution for the problem.

Posted by: Amra.6028

Amra.6028

Sort them out later and clear out the folder.
If you manage to take so many shots, you’re doing something wrong. If you don’t have the time to manage them later, your problem.
This game got greater issues.

Kiraki.9761

@Amra.6028: In future, do try and learn to read, it might help you in the long run.

Sorting out the folder does not help the situation in anyway way or help prevent it from happening again. I am sure the game has bigger problems, but even little problems need to be fixed eventually. All I was asking was if anyone knew if it already had a solution.