Issue with Downloading the game

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: WhiteMarauder.8149

WhiteMarauder.8149

So I’m not entirely sure what is going on but the game client will frequently get a “serious issue” and crash mid-download.

I just bought HoT and was looking to play for a bit this week, but I obviously can’t if the game won’t download.

I’ve tried running it as administrator, I’ve tried changing my DNS setting’s to Google’s, I’ve tried restarting my computer, I’ve tried deleting Guild Wars 2 off of my computer and downloading the 32-bit client instead.

Yet every time it gets close to “playable” it will crash.

The specs on my computer are good, but I don’t know how specs can affect download speeds. Especially when I have no issues downloading things from Google or onto Steam.

Guild Wars 2 should only take an hour or so with my internet speeds, however it is constantly crashing.

So I have no idea what’s going on. Anyone have any ideas?

WhiteMarauder.8149

Also as a side note

Forgot to say in the OP, but I have also repaired the client many times. It still doesn’t work.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

WhiteMarauder.8149

I disabled Windows Defender for a little bit. And it’s still getting taken down.

WhiteMarauder.8149

I’m able to download it bits at a time.

I can now play the game itself. Is there any way to get the game to download as I play it like on WoW?

WhiteMarauder.8149

I’m about to give up.

This is taking way too much time and I’ve tried everything I could think of as well as the only reply was about antivirus blocking the download, which isn’t true because I tried disabling the only antivirus on my computer.

If the ticket I sent this morning doesn’t help me then I’ll probably waste my time elsewhere.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The link to the Sticky isn’t about anti-virus programs, at all. It’s about adware programs, such as LavaSoft, which sneak into your computer piggybacked on programs like Bing, which often comes with Windows.

You might consider doing a thorough search of your computer (not just the first level search) for these kinds of programs.

You can set your options to stream files while you play, as long as you have passed the ‘playable’ mark on the launcher.

Good luck.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If you’re seeing GW2’s error reporting window, you need to click show details to see why it’s actually crashing. The most common cause (the linked thread) is network software trying to hijack GW2’s communications, such as a VPN or anything that monitors your traffic.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I’m able to download it bits at a time. I can now play the game itself. Is there any way to get the game to download as I play it like on WoW?

Once the launcher “play” button turns green, you can play the game. It’ll download things on demand and/or ahead of time depending on in-game settings. (options, general, streaming drop-down.)

That’s basically the same as WoW does it.