Issues with latest GeForce drivers (358.50)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Hey there,

just updated my GeForce drivers to V 358.50 last week so I could try out the Star Wars battlefront Beta (which went surprisingly well). Unfortunatly I wasn’t able to play GW2 with that driver version, since the screen startet flickering while looking as if there was a soft black veil over it. Could move my toon either.
After downgrading back to V331.something everything worked fine again.
GPU is a GTX660m.

Are there any known issues/ tricks running GW2 with the latest GeForce drivers?

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: DarnSolid.3495

DarnSolid.3495

I have the same problem, the new nvidia drivers also seem to cause problems in other games for me. Ill try to switch to an older version of the drivers and see what happens.

Posted by: chris.3218

chris.3218

Hello,

got the same problem with my gtx670M. A downgrade helped me too.

Posted by: Big Bang.5418

Big Bang.5418

Got issues with these drivers as well, but different ones. Ever since the update, the NVIDIA GPU Activity icon in the task bar is showing two processes running on the GPU. One of them is GW2, the other is CoherentUI_Host.exe. Together they drive up my 540M to terribly high temperatures despite (manual) throttling. Currently sitting at a cozy 91 °C with clean and fully functional laptop fan, open lid and all kinds of other thermal mods. Before, it used to be in the low 80s.
Downgrading for the time being.

Edit: Nevermind. For some reason, previous drivers are also running the CoherentUI process off the GPU now. I know this makes sense, being part of the game and all, but only a few patches ago the GPU Activity icon used to show only gw2.exe, not CoherentUI.

(edited by Big Bang.5418)

Posted by: kfcoco.8470

kfcoco.8470

Was freaking out as i was getting the same issues then i remembered i updated driver on the weekend. Gonna rollback now.

Posted by: DCM.3654

DCM.3654

I have also encountered this issue on 358.50. Sometimes it appears on the character select screen already, sometimes only a few seconds after logging into the game. I’m using a 660m as well, so it id probably mobile GPU related.