Item souldbound to deleted mule character

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

Dear ArenaNet Support,

details of my problems:

Said item in the topic is Philosopher Stone, a crafting material exchange using Baubles which I had used my mule character to store and exchange from Moto during the Super Adventure Box events, little did I know that it would be soulbound until too late.

This mule character is of a profession/race that i did not like, now that my number 4 level 80 is getting near (level 78) I decided to delete the mule character and create a new race/profession that I like more.

The result of that decision is less than pleasant, now I have philosopher stones I can’t use sitting in the bank, because it is soulbound to a mule character….

Is there anything that can be done to help me with my predicament?

Thank you very much for all your help.

sincerely sign and awaiting good news.

Guild Wars 2 Forever

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

You will have to file a ticket with support, the forum can’t help you with this.

But usually they won’t refund the item, no harm in trying though.

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

Item is not lost, it is sitting in my bank, I just think that making crafting materials soulbound is a little bit harsh, and also there is no warning what so ever when I was deleting said character.

something like when “you are about to delete a charater that have soulbound item left in the bank , do you want to proceed” etc.

who would have guess crafting materials would be ssouldbound …

oh, I did not send in a support ticket because I don’t understand at all how to use that thing. do i create another email for support or what,? cos it wanted my email address which is why? don’t they already have our email ?

Guild Wars 2 Forever

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

I agree, a warning would be nice.

For support you use the same email as you use for the game, but you can email them as well. They need it because they create an account for you, you can also use in the future.

https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/ask/

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

There already is a warning when you attempt to delete a character. If you had a Soulbound item, that item is lost forever once the character it’s connected to is gone. Be careful in the future when deleting things.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

There already is a warning when you attempt to delete a character. If you had a Soulbound item, that item is lost forever once the character it’s connected to is gone. Be careful in the future when deleting things.

Thank you for posting this. Players can miss the warnings, but they are present.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Perhaps to help on this when purchasing soulbound items from a vendor like Miyani could we get a warning that it will soulbind. Yes I know it is in the tooltip.

I don’t think his concern is so much on deleting a character but the fact that the obtaining the item did not give a warning. He just did not care until he deleted the character.

I recently purchased some crystals from Miyani and did not get any warning that it is soulbound as not everything I get from her is.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Yes I know it is in the tooltip.

If it’s in the tooltip… ???

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Gaile, I’d prefer not to have additional buttons to confirm something if it’s already stated. If a player chooses not to pay attention, Anet should not have to hold their hands while playing. It would be like punishing the players who do pay attention and read.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Gaile, I’d prefer not to have additional buttons to confirm something if it’s already stated. If a player chooses not to pay attention, Anet should not have to hold their hands while playing. It would be like punishing the players who do pay attention and read.

Ya it looks like it is in the tooltip at least for Miyani stuff. I agree I really don’t want another confirm. Making it more visible have soulbound and account bound items in a separate tab and have a notice up top saying all these items are soulbound/accountbound.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Previous

Gaile Gray

You’re welcome to suggest the “multiple tab” idea in the Suggestions Forum. I can see both sides of that, with greater assurance of noting the soulbound-ed-ness of an item, but with more time taken in reviewing all those tabs. So I suggest you share the thought in that forum and see what other players say.

I personally don’t think another confirmation system is the answer, but the devs may feel that it would be a good thing to have that (and they know a lot more than I do about the whole player experience ) . The bottom line — as I learned long ago in GW when I blithely hit “accept” and vendored a white dye — is that you need to slow down just a bit and pay attention to what you’re doing. No amount of “hand holding” (an apt term, imo) can prevent someone from doing something foolish. (Case in point, accidental deletions of characters. It’s surprising that someone does that, actually types out the name and still deletes in error.)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet