Its been 3 days and My friend cant log in

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Tinker.1586

Tinker.1586

been trying to log in for 3 days. Game made him reset the password and he can’t remember a character on the account. have the email and Serial code, How can we find out a character on the account? The support team has been a tad slow with this and we just wanna play

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

This situation sucks alot I am sure, but they took over a month to reset my gw1 password.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Make a ticket. If it takes more than 72 hours for a response post in the sticky

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

What Andraus said. If your friend has already put in a support ticket (only one), then they should wait the full 72 hours (which is the usual maximum amount of time needed for support to get back to you). If it’s been 72 hours with no response, then post the ticket number to the following thread.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/GW2-Tickets-for-Review-3-days-older-2/page/14

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Ive never seen the game randomly make you reset your password, something doesn’t seem right there, I know support makes you reset your password when you ask them to change any details on the account, ( email etc ) but for the game to make you do it randomly.

I would wait and see what support comes back with.

Could your friend have taken any screen shots of a guild list or pvp etc that might show a char name?

RoseofGilead.8907

Ive never seen the game randomly make you reset your password, something doesn’t seem right there, I know support makes you reset your password when you ask them to change any details on the account, ( email etc ) but for the game to make you do it randomly.

Could your friend have taken any screen shots of a guild list or pvp etc that might show a char name?

If I recall correctly, they made everyone change their password some time ago (like, well over a year ago). The person in the OP might have just not logged on since before that forced change.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

If I recall correctly, they made everyone change their password some time ago (like, well over a year ago). The person in the OP might have just not logged on since before that forced change.

It was in October right after release (so 2-3 months of the game being live). Right after Blizzard had their massive security breach. Anet forced everyone then to try to prevent shared information on their accounts. Your memory serves you well.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

RoseofGilead.8907

It was in October right after release (so 2-3 months of the game being live). Right after Blizzard had their massive security breach. Anet forced everyone then to try to prevent shared information on their accounts. Your memory serves you well.

Yay, I remember things!