Just Started - Experiencing problems

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: CMR.2193

CMR.2193

I just bought this game today. I got through the character creation bit and the tutorial fine (I chose Sylvari). So after finishing the tutorial where I killed some big monster in a dream, it started loading up Caledon Forest. It took about 10 minutes to do anything, then after the cut scene, I was unable to move or interact with anything, and my character was stuck with the film reel icon over his head. Then eventually it kicked me out.

So i tried again, and again it took about 10 minutes to load Caldeon Forest, and this time it has come up with the “Quest Completed” bit, but no matter how many times I click “Accept”, that big picture won’t go away. I can move around, but I can’t see my character because he’s stuck behind the quest completed picture, and I still can’t interact with anything…

I’ve only been playing about 30 minutes… Is this the kind of thing I can expect all the way through? Is there anything I can do to fix this? Because it’s pretty much unplayable at the moment, unless I start again with a different race and see if that makes any difference, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having all these races if it won’t work with one of them…

Thanks.

CMR.2193

Just tried as Human and the same sort of issues occured. Insane amounts of lag, so much so that I clicked F to talk to someone about 10 times, nothing happened, walked outside, tried to attack something, walked around again, then the cut scene from the talk started, then I got stuck with the film reels above the head again.

CMR.2193

Can anyone help at all?

Thanks.

Posted by: Max Gladius.6930

Max Gladius.6930

First question everyone will ask is,

What are your system specifications?

CMR.2193

GPU: GeForce GTX 760
OSL: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit
Memory: 16GB
CPU: AMD FX 6300 (3.5GHz) processor
Plenty of space on hard drive

I can post a log of dxdiag if it helps?

Posted by: locx.6412

locx.6412

have you tried repairing the game client or reinstalling the game? Do other games and tasks work fine? Have you installed the latest drivers from GeForce Experience?

i5-4670K @ 4.6 GHz | GTX 660 | 8GB @ 1600MHz | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Win 8.1

CMR.2193

I’ve not tried repairing, I can try that tomorrow.

Everything else works fine, yes. I can play any other game, online or not and they work okay.
Yes I have the latest drivers.

locx.6412

Figured as much, those two were kind of shot in the dark, I believe the issue is in the game file and thus repairing should help, if not, then complete clean reinstall could. Let us know if it works.

Posted by: MrFayth.3546

MrFayth.3546

Try enabling the “Clientport 80” Command Line Argument

i5 4690k @4.1ghz, r7 260x 1180/1680,8Gb G.skill Ripjaw 2133, 120gb ssd Gw2+OS

CMR.2193

I tried the repair method. It downloaded about 200 of the files again, then it worked okay for about 15 minutes before the same issues occured. Next day I tried repairing again and again it downloaded about 200 files (about 50MB worth).

Does this mean there is some sort of corruption in the files that is just going to keep ocurring? Is there anything that can be done about that?

locx.6412

I would just reinstall the whole game then.