Just bought the game, can't use mailed items

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ruana.6054

Ruana.6054

Hello

I just bought the game few days ago and made a testing character.
I unintentionally accepted the items I got in mail after buying the game.
I want to play with my brother so I made a second character which is the active one.
The ‘testing account/first one’ I do not use and yet it has the gift items on it.

I don’t mind whatever happens to that one, you can even delete it.
But … can you send the items again to the second one? You can auto-delete the first character so that I don’t have double items. The items are all intact and haven’t used even one. It’s just the fact that it’s on the wrong character and cannot use them as of yet.

Thank you (great game btw, worth the money)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hello

I just bought the game few days ago and made a testing character.
I unintentionally accepted the items I got in mail after buying the game.
I want to play with my brother so I made a second character which is the active one.
The ‘testing account/first one’ I do not use and yet it has the gift items on it.

I don’t mind whatever happens to that one, you can even delete it.
But … can you send the items again to the second one? You can auto-delete the first character so that I don’t have double items. The items are all intact and haven’t used even one. It’s just the fact that it’s on the wrong character and cannot use them as of yet.

Thank you (great game btw, worth the money)

I’m glad you’re enjoying the game! For help of this sort, you need to personally file a support ticket — it’s not something we can undertake with a forum request.

Please click “Support” at the top of this page, then “Submit a request” on the linked page. From there, provide the requested information about your account and an agent will assist you as soon as possible. (Please note: There are a number of questions that you can answer, but you are not required to answer all of those questions. The questions are posed to ensure that whatever steps we take are being requested by the account owner.)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Ruana.6054

Ruana.6054

Cheers, just submited one.

Posted by: ABalloon.6924

ABalloon.6924

i may be wrong but surely its simpler to log on your test character and deposit the items into your storage as they share across all characters. storage can be located in any major city or starting area and are labeled as banks on the map.

perhaps im missing something about this issue but if not then that seems like the best option, rather than having support go and delete characters and shuffle things around

~cheers

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

i may be wrong but surely its simpler to log on your test character and deposit the items into your storage as they share across all characters. storage can be located in any major city or starting area and are labeled as banks on the map.

perhaps im missing something about this issue but if not then that seems like the best option, rather than having support go and delete characters and shuffle things around

~cheers

I believe you’re right! I mis-read and thought the first character had been deleted with the items. Yes, the chest and items are initially account bound. If you use the skins, then they become character- (or soul-) bound. But you can open the chest and retrieve the items with any character, even your second. Just be sure that when you use the skin, you choose wisely.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: ABalloon.6924

ABalloon.6924

~cheers

I believe you’re right! I mis-read and thought the first character had been deleted with the items. Yes, the chest and items are initially account bound. If you use the skins, then they become character- (or soul-) bound. But you can open the chest and retrieve the items with any character, even your second. Just be sure that when you use the skin, you choose wisely.

Ha ha, thought so. It’s ok Gaile you do awesome work, i come across your stuff often. You’re a trooper keep it up

I like to read the Dev Tracker daily, best thread to read in my opinion (~‘.’)~