Just tell me the true :(

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

I purchased the game one year ago and since 5 months has turned unplayable,

It’s not my rig because I can play any game at max settings, it’s not my connection because I can play others mmo without any problem, don’t ask me to send a report, a ticket, a log,

At that moment, (5 months ago) I’ve purchased an WTFast subscription and the game was not lagging “that bad” (it was barely playable, but playable after all),

After the last patch I got disconnected every 10 minutes, my fps dropped to 25 and the lag is worst than ever, (other games still works flawless),

I’m being honest, the game is by any means unplayable, I like this game but after paying 5 months of WTF and the game itself it did cost me 10 bucks per month and it’s not fair, I feel scammed,

I’m not talking as a customer, I don’t want a refund… I just want an honest answer, I’m playing from Argentina and a “Game is not supposed to work in south america” would be enough, I’ll gift the game to some friend in the EEUU and that’s all,

Regards,

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

It’s possible there is an issue specificly with your client. That being a possibility, you may want to re-install the client. If that isn’t the case, there is a possibility that some part of the data path from your computer to the ANet servers is slowing things down. If you go to <a href="https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Constantly-losing-connection-to-server">this forum</a> and download the diagnostic client, run it, and post the results to that forum, either ANet or some knowledgeable player may be able to troubleshoot it for you.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

(edited by Berelious.3290)

Engels.8537

It’s possible there is an issue specificly with your client. That being a possibility, you may want to re-install the client

I did but thanks anyway

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

Berelious.3290

Sorry, I tried to post a link but apparently the forum isn’t taking HTML tags from me. anyway, go here, download the diagnostic tool, and post results to that forum. It’s possible someone will be able to help you from there. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Constantly-losing-connection-to-server

Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Engels.8537

Sorry, I tried to post a link but apparently the forum isn’t taking HTML tags from me. anyway, go here, download the diagnostic tool, and post results to that forum. It’s possible someone will be able to help you from there. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Constantly-losing-connection-to-server

My sister did it, (she lives with me at the moment), and they said to her it was the ISP which is not true because my girlfriend plays tera on this computer with no problems at all,

I play CoH, Bf, Warz (and Warz servers are awful) with no problems either,

Berelious.3290

It’s actually not uncommon for ISP’s to have an issue with one specific program but not others. Granted, it’s a chat client, but my ISP has issues routing mIRC… which is a pain since I use it for Star Trek role playing. Yes, I’m a nerd, lol. I can also say that certain European ISP’s had huge issues with the GW2 client about 5 months back. Some are still having issues.

Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Engels.8537

It’s actually not uncommon for ISP’s to have an issue with one specific program but not others. Granted, it’s a chat client, but my ISP has issues routing mIRC… which is a pain since I use it for Star Trek role playing. Yes, I’m a nerd, lol. I can also say that certain European ISP’s had huge issues with the GW2 client about 5 months back. Some are still having issues.

Problem is that “speedy” “fibertel” “telecentro” and “arnet” (the biggest ISP in Argentina) are having issues with Gw2,

I’m aware of this because my whole guild is having the same issues and we all are from south america,

Thanks for your time mate at least I have the feeling of being listened,

Berelious.3290

You’re very welcome. If memory serves there was no easy solution to the European ISP issue either. I will, however, keep my fingers crossed and hope that something gets worked out. If it helps any, ANet WILL read this, and hopefully they’ll be able to figure out what’s causing the issue.

Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

I think the South America lag issue has been around for a bit as well (several months). I don’t think I’ve seen a specific “fix” for it yet, but there could be some random ISP routing issue trying to get to the Anet servers.

I know you said you don’t want to submit reports or anything, but have you run game advisor yet? Or had anyone look at your file from that?

If not, it’s worth a shot to maybe see if there is an issue somewhere.

http://us.ncsoft.com/gameadvisor

As an FYI, some ISPs also block specific ports and/or directions of those ports and this coud be causing a problem. Or one of the routing nodes (not really ISP fault, but I don’t think much can fix it when it’s out of the ISPs hands). My ISP blocks traffic one way on one of the gw2 required ports, but luckily, I’m not experiencing major issues.

Lastly, have you tried playing while tunnelling with a VPN? This can sometimes bypass random ISP and routing issues. (Not sure if this is exactly what WTFast does or not)

(edited by Kyllaa.1385)