Kicked out, can't log back in.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

In the middle of my fractal too :/

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Posted by: Redux.5712

Redux.5712

Same here, no warning that I saw.

Amos.8760

Glad to know it wasn’t just me then. I was the pourer on our fractals boss fight, so they’d miss me pretty quickly if they’re still in there.

Also – party chat was not usable about 15 minutes prior to this.

Posted by: Moriel.1843

Moriel.1843

Yeah, something is going one game wide I think. In may game (on Ehmry Bay) we first noticed that Black Lion Trading Co was not working. I ignored it and went into a personal story instance, but about 10 minutes after the BL issue, I was kicked form the game and now can’t log in. The same error message was displayed in all cases: can’t conenct to login server.

Somewhere, right now, at ArenaNet, a sysadmin is having a bad night.

Posted by: Araushnee.1852

Araushnee.1852

I’m having the same problem. When is the maintenance supposed to end?

Gamer Gal

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

Yep. Same here. In arah and party chat gone. Kicked out and can’t log back in.

Amos.8760

Usually maintenance is announced. I’m not sure it maintenance.

Oh well, off to watch some Breaking Bad. Be back in 44 minutes…

Araushnee.1852

They announced the maintenance in game earlier, but I don’t know when it ends.

Gamer Gal

Posted by: Tripp.9862

Tripp.9862

It was announced. So I’m guessing that’s the main issue. I went to go log into another character and it kicked me. Hopefully it’s better soon.

Tripp DurranVice Commander of Soul Guard [SG]
Commander on Blackgate

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

This sucks got some time to play a little GW2 can’t log in hope they get this fixed real soon.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: Redux.5712

Redux.5712

Guessing they didn’t announce how long maintenance was for did they?

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Wow you would think they would pick a better time for maintenance like early morning instead of US prime time for gaming. But I guess if they are going to upset someone around the world no matter what time they pick.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Araushnee.1852

On twitter they said they will let us know when the maintenance is over, so there seems to be no ETA. And they posted that message about 30 minutes ago.

Gamer Gal

Posted by: Retrospek.4583

Retrospek.4583

Why are they once again announcing crap on Twitter. Last I checked, the login screen and these forums should be where official word is.

Ah well, thanks for the heads up, Araushnee.

Posted by: pseudosapien.4076

pseudosapien.4076

Thanks Araushnee. Guess those of us that want to maintain a level of privacy on the ‘net are SOL with communication from A’net, since they prefer twitter to official, company hosted, and company moderated forums.

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Good thing i took the day off work to level up my warrior

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

Time to pretend to the GF that I’m picking her over the game…..

Tweet me when it’s up. My phone’s on silent, but I should hear the vibe.

Posted by: pseudosapien.4076

pseudosapien.4076

Hmm…looks like the game is back up. No post in “News and Announcements” though..

Guess “Twitter” has an update..

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

Apparently the maintenance is over but I’m still getting the standard error 42:1000:7006:852. Anyone else still having issues?

Posted by: sabremantis.1352

sabremantis.1352

Yeah I can’t get in either. Trying to log into Isle of Jinthos

Posted by: chris sholtz.3621

chris sholtz.3621

i still can’t log in. i turned off my firewall (even though i’ve had gw2 as an exception from when i installed the game) just to make sure, turned avg off, still nothing. it can’t be from my end. 42:0:9001:4081 it’s been down for around 7 hours

Posted by: bibster.6289

bibster.6289

well i guess there are still many of us who can’t log in. same error 42:1000:7006:852

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

I still can’t log in either. I am on Dragonbrand even tho the maintenance was announced to be complete an hour ago.
BTW GW2 team has a twitter account where they announce whats going on. You can find it here. https://twitter.com/GuildWars2

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

transtemporal.2158

I still can’t log in either. I am on Dragonbrand even tho the maintenance was announced to be complete an hour ago.
BTW GW2 team has a twitter account where they announce whats going on. You can find it here. https://twitter.com/GuildWars2

Yes, except the last twitter only says “maintenance is over” not “Maintenance is over, however you may still experience connection issues as the login servers are bought back online”.

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Yes, except the last twitter only says “maintenance is over” not “Maintenance is over, however you may still experience connection issues as the login servers are bought back online”.

Yea don’t you think it would’ve been a good idea that they said that? Makes you think everything is good until you try to login only to be disappointed.

Had to add, I’ve tweeted that I’ve got login issues still but it seems they only answer those they feel like. But I don’t use that for issues, I use it mainly for updates. I will get a tweet saying when maintenance will happen long before they announce it in game or whatever. And it’s faster to get updates other than hours or days on these forums.

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

(edited by Nocturnal Lunacy.8563)

Posted by: Undermine.5391

Undermine.5391

Sadly, have yet to fix the error 42.

What is even more sad is that they are continuing to use other media for announcements rather than their official forums where communication should be made first.

Posted by: chris sholtz.3621

chris sholtz.3621

i wonder if the prefix of “42” as an error code was meant to be a reference to the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. i was hoping to get a dozen levels or more, but downtime has foiled my plans. i’ve been compulsively clicking the login button for hours, lol.

transtemporal.2158

i wonder if the prefix of “42” as an error code was meant to be a reference to the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. i was hoping to get a dozen levels or more, but downtime has foiled my plans. i’ve been compulsively clicking the login button for hours, lol.

Same. Nuthin. No new tweets either.

Amos.8760

I shouldn’t have to have a Twitter account to find out what’s going on in the game.

Posted by: Zenless.6791

Zenless.6791

I’d simply like to add my name to the list of people annoyed about the Twitter thing.

ArenaNet, you created, maintain, and moderate this forum as a communication hub for players and developers to discuss issues related to the game. This is where you should be communicating with players about … issues related to the game.

Following the Twitter feed isn’t nearly as simple as dropping into the announcement section of the forum and reading what you have to say about the latest issue.

I had been playing for about 15 minutes last night when the servers went down. There was no announcement that I saw in game (Tarnished Coast server). The system was down for hours and I don’t have a Twitter account. Also fwiw, I could not log into the forum during that time though I could still access & read as a guest.

Posted by: Sean is Great.1763

Sean is Great.1763

well i guess there are still many of us who can’t log in. same error 42:1000:7006:852

I havent been able to get on for almost 48 hours now, getting error code 42:1000…
I also cannot connect to the guild wars 2 site through the pc i play gw2 on but i am able to connect to the forums through my laptop.
Any new info on this would be great cos i really want to play!