Lack of response on GW1 tickets

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

As the title says it isn’t really acceptable for there to be such long response times for either GW1 or GW2 related tickets. If you aren’t able to cope with the number of customer support requests then you need to hire more staff.

It is incredibly distressing being unable to, and not knowing whether you will ever be able to, access an account that you’ve had for many years and have spent a large deal of money on. I understand that support requests can often take some time, but seeing users here on the forums who have tickets that have gone months without a reply has me worried that this issue isn’t ever going to be resolved. That isn’t acceptable when you’re dealing with a game that people have paid for. In fact I’m reasonably sure it’s not acceptable under New Zealand’s consumer guarantee act…

My linked GW1 account won’t let me log in – it says the account has been blocked when I enter the password. However there isn’t any reason for my account to be blocked, nor has there ever been any indication for when, how, or why that would have happened. I don’t log in to my GW1 account very frequently, when I have over the last year or so it has been to collect birthday presents. I’ve never done anything that could be considered inappropriate in game and to my knowledge my account has never been compromised – you would think that had it been compromised then my linked GW2 account would have also been compromised…

Before other forum users start saying things like ‘everyone has to wait, they have a lot of tickets to deal with…’ Your response is unhelpful. Nobody should be having to wait for extensive periods of time to have issues with a product they have paid for dealt with.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I’ve never had more than a 72 hour wait for any ticket I’ve submitted. Tech support/account issues (GW1 and 2)/or legal concerns about a project.

There has also been some issues with some email domains/clients not getting emails.
Check out this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Delayed-or-No-Ticket-Reply-Read-This/first#post4533589
and this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Not-Getting-Our-E-mails-Hotmail-Yahoo-Gmail-Comcast/first#post3938439

Also remember submitting multiple tickets about the same thing doesn’t speed up the process, it slows it down.
Good luck!

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I’ve never had more than a 72 hour wait for any ticket I’ve submitted. Tech support/account issues (GW1 and 2)/or legal concerns about a project.

You are very very lucky then…
I’m fully aware that submitting multiple tickets is a no no, and my email address is a regular gmail account (that gets the GW2 emails just fine and got the automatic response just fine). But thanks for putting those there in case they help someone else

Posted by: Lady Elvea.2847

Lady Elvea.2847

At the very least, some more info from support about when we can expect to get any form of a reply would be welcome.

I’m “only” a month or so past submitting my ticket to regain access to one of my GW1 accounts. It should be straightforward- I’m the original owner, I’ve supplied some personal details, supplied one of the access keys as requested (have keys from several of the linked campaigns) so it should take all of 5 minutes to resolve after first looking at it. Maybe an hour, if it’s somehow hard to compare the data.

Short of the initial automated thank you though… nothing. No feedback from support, no anwer on the forums, not even a quick reply to say that tickets will be cleared in the next 5 weeks.

I’m honestly not sure what to think of that. GW1 tickets seem to be particularly badly hit, with a priority level roughly equal to When Hell Freezes Over. What are we supposed to think, given the radio silence? Is GW1 goig to be shut down, and does nobody at Support want to bother fixing related tickets anymore for that reason? (I hope not, I love(d) that game!)

And yes… we are still paying customers. Happy customers come back. Unhappy customers go to shop elsewhere. I can’t imagine that support queues of over a month and failure to communicate is doing the good name of GW2 and its team any favours. I’ve left other games over shoddy customer support, and the only saving grace this time is that prior experience with GW Support was a heck of a lot better. Goodwill goes a long way, but won’t last forever. This situation gets more frustrating with every day that passes.

Please for the love of Lyssa could we get a coherent update about what’s taking so long, and how much longer we can expect to be waiting?