ISP: SmartBro

before the culling patch i didn’t experience a heavy lag

Attachments:

Lag / Long Loading and Error: 7:11:3:189:101

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: futuresandwich.5731

futuresandwich.5731

ISP: British Telecom

unplayable; connection seems to drop (no items, skills or npcs activate) after a minute or less, or map just doesn’t load. Started yesterday for me with heavy lag, fixed temporarily with /clientport 80 thinking it was BT throttling 6112, but now it behaves the same way via both ports – maybe worse actually as it’s not so much lag anymore as simply everything stops working in the first few minutes.

Attachments:

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

Been getting the lag real bad tonight, its been over a week now

Heres a diag from after a disconnect tonight during peak times

Attachments:

Posted by: MeetShawn.6025

MeetShawn.6025

ISP: Comcast

I’m getting this issue as well.

Attachments:

Posted by: ExiledDiclonius.1653

ExiledDiclonius.1653

It’s nothing new. It was posted already mounths ago and nothing changed. All troubles started just after patch incluging guesting system. I already wrote at least 2 times about it, and as far as I remember there was few other ppl.

BTW.Dont know if it’s helpfull but last DC’s ocured 15 minutes before doing NetworkDiag. Dunno how it’s now and I seriously dont care after so many mounths of waiting. If this wont be fixed in next mounth I gues that I’ll switch to any other game that actually can be played.

ISP: Magnet

Attachments:

(edited by ExiledDiclonius.1653)

Posted by: IsuzuSohma.3018

IsuzuSohma.3018

I’m also having this problem with ‘error 7’ I sent a ticket off and received no useful help at all, they just suggested doing things I had already told them I had tried.
They didn’t pay any attention to what I said, and blamed it all on my internet connection, I contacted my ISP and they ran tests, nothing wrong at all this end.

They said the connection breaks as soon as it reaches the AN/GW2 servers and to contact AN about it, which I did again and told them that the problem was with their server connection, to which they replied “Thank you for letting us know that your problem has been resolved” then nothing, no other replies at all.

So they were completely useless and have buried their heads in the sand about this problem which has been going for at least 8 months.
Very disappointing and I am regretting buying the game.

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

Hey all I appreciate the -diag reports that have been provided. We are still continuing to collect this information to further investigate this issue.

Thank you again for the reports. Your patience is very much appreciated!

Posted by: DippyDragon.3180

DippyDragon.3180

Thanks Ashley

The problem seems to be getting worse, and I’m not sure if the logs help. I can PvE without any problems, but nearly all the time I try to WvW, either the loading screen stays forever, or the packet loss is so severe that skills and interactions can take up to 5 minutes to happen. I’m lucky to get any WvW time at all, and I don’t do PvE much

~~ The Tarnished Coast ~~
[i7 6700 Skylake – 32Gb RAM – 240GB SSD – GTX970 – Corsair Water Cooling]

Posted by: lislis.8075

lislis.8075

ISP: lislis
I’m getting this issue as well.

please look into it thank you so much

Posted by: Taicho.1298

Taicho.1298

ISP: U-Verse
Can play the game for only 5 min then it starts to lag and skills are unusable, then i get kicked back to the character select screen with the error.

Posted by: Barabajagal.6147

Barabajagal.6147

Thanks Ashley

The problem seems to be getting worse, and I’m not sure if the logs help. I can PvE without any problems, but nearly all the time I try to WvW, either the loading screen stays forever, or the packet loss is so severe that skills and interactions can take up to 5 minutes to happen. I’m lucky to get any WvW time at all, and I don’t do PvE much

I’m having this exact problem, WvW is unplayable and getting worse – repeatedly hanging at loading screens, long periods of skill lag and unable to interact with the environment, rubber banding so much I can’t move at all. WvW is all I play, so this is gamebreaking at the moment

ISP: BT

Attachments:

Inner Monkey ~ Silq
Piken Square

DippyDragon.3180

Thanks Ashley

I’m having this exact problem, WvW is unplayable and getting worse – repeatedly hanging at loading screens, long periods of skill lag and unable to interact with the environment, rubber banding so much I can’t move at all. WvW is all I play, so this is gamebreaking at the moment

ISP: BT

Ashley, this is it in a nutshell. Looking at the logs, they only take us to the initial server.

I’m on Tarnished Coast, and playing PvE works great. It’s when I try to WvW that the problem of severe packet loss seems to happen (We’re fighting the legions of DragonBrand and FortAspenwood at the moment).

If the logger could trace our route to the WvW servers, or test/log continuously whilst we try to play – it might lead to some better data for you. I’m willing to trial anything Anet writes to get the data you need to fix the problem

(edited by DippyDragon.3180)

Posted by: Bethryn.4087

Bethryn.4087

I had a chat with the support guys over similar problems in WvW with large-scale packet loss; just reposting two bits here for public consumption.

1) You can get the IP of a particular WvW server by typing “/IP” into in-game chat. You can then throw that into either a standard tracert or PingPlotter to get a detailed idea of where packet loss is occurring.

2) After doing this, one of the support technicians suggested I try using a proxy service; I used WTFast at their suggestion, and this eliminated all the problems I was having connecting to, and playing, WvW during peak hours.

I suggest doing the same, as WTFast has a 30 day free trial, and if you have no connection problems while using it, it would indicate that the problem is outside A.net’s servers.

Posted by: Selvendar.3046

Selvendar.3046

Same issues here as everyone else. For me it’s been the last 3 days with today being the worst. I have tried everything I can think of, but neither myself nor my son can play on either of our computers. I just got through trying WTF proxy using US and European realms AND specific servers and nothing has changed. Skill buttons still pulsate and do nothing but I can run around like a crazed fool. I looked for the two windows update to delete, but as this is a brand new computer, I don’t have those updates. So I’m out of ideas and obviously won’t be able to play my favorite game until these issues are fixed. I hate the thought of going back to SWTOR or TSW, but I don’t really see myself as having much of a choice. MMO’s are all I play.

Safari.3021

Tonights ping plotter and diag: are attached.

Please note that as in the picture, while the diag was testing connections, the packet loss was occuring though i dont think thats reflected in the diagnostics tests (but im probably reading them wrong)

It wont let me upload the pp2 sampleset file though I have saved it and can provide on request

Posted by: Barabajagal.6147

Barabajagal.6147

2) After doing this, one of the support technicians suggested I try using a proxy service; I used WTFast at their suggestion, and this eliminated all the problems I was having connecting to, and playing, WvW during peak hours.

I downloaded and tried this today, and I’ve had the best connection I’ve ever had with WvW. Big fights that used to lag a little even before the patch were completely lag free. Loved it! Maybe one day isn’t enough to say it’s absolutely fixed, but thankyouthankyou for posting this suggestion. Fingers crossed it stays this way, and I will be gaming with this from now on.

Inner Monkey ~ Silq
Piken Square

Safari.3021

Tonight was a horror show.

Attachments:

Posted by: SnaggyCalthius.9325

SnaggyCalthius.9325

Server: Northern Shiverpeaks
ISP: SuddenLink

having connection issues, then the client crashes.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ender.3814

Ender.3814

Server: Darkhaven
ISP: AT&T U-Verse

Been happening to me for the past 2 weeks.

Attachments:

Posted by: AdriaDemonicAngel.1802

AdriaDemonicAngel.1802

Been having the same problems….attachments enclosed

Attachments:

Posted by: AdriaDemonicAngel.1802

AdriaDemonicAngel.1802

more about my system…

Attachments:

Posted by: lislis.8075

lislis.8075

anyone could resolve their problems?? cuz this is very frustrated I couldnt do any dungeon. i just keep disconnect from server.

Safari.3021

I haven’t resolved it yet, but I reckon its a problem with http://www.level3.com/ and their servers that are being used to route traffic to anets servers.

Posted by: HellKrasher.1074

HellKrasher.1074

Hello im from Argentina and im hving this issues recently, when a few weeks before the game worked perfectly.
Its impossible to coordinate guild missions and do spvp like this, the other day we were killing some bounty, and all my guildis were saying “ok done, lets go to the other one” and i was still seen everyone fighting and casting spells and the NPC still had 15% HP -_-.

Also i noticed that when i hv this massive lag, the chat and auction house works perfectly, i heard both are in a different server. Some times i hv like 30s of lag, and in mid time i can chat and buy stuff without problem while i w8 for my skills to be executed xD. I think its a nice clue.

Server: Baruch Bay[SP]
ISP: Fibertel

Attachments:

Gw2 Fan. Leader of the guild ValquiriA [VaL]

(edited by HellKrasher.1074)

Posted by: Galatea La Lune.6304

Galatea La Lune.6304

Server: Gunnars Hold
ISP: Sky
Was perfect until a couple of days ago , now terrible lag

Attachments:

Posted by: Siridar.2543

Siridar.2543

I have the same problems, my loading times are so incredibly long the past 2 – 3 days. Even when I do finally load in, I can’t move for about a minute or two and only my weapon is visible. After a while I apparently did move because when the charactermodel is loaded I’m a long distance from e.g. the waypoint I teleported to.

Server: Gandara
ISP: Telfort

Attachments:

Posted by: Areoh.7495

Areoh.7495

This method helped me and I can show all my settings if needed. But these two settings are what I changed from the default in Win7.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Solved-Disconnects-all-the-time-in-WvW-1

Safari.3021

This method helped me and I can show all my settings if needed. But these two settings are what I changed from the default in Win7.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Solved-Disconnects-all-the-time-in-WvW-1

Tyvm, but I’ve tried that, it hasnt helped at all. The issue is with the entire game, not just a part of it, and data being sent and recieved through level3 network servers.

I do hope it helps someone though!

Posted by: Bhelliom.5324

Bhelliom.5324

Having the same issue. Been happening for over a week and half now. This is defiantly not an issue with my ISP. I have contacted them numerous times regarding this and have had them send me out a replacement router to try that. It seems to effect us most during peak hours.

We are currently with Sky Broadband. Location : Scotland. I have also attached the NetworkDiag.log file.

Also i would like to add after hours of testing all other online games and services I use i.e. World of Warcraft & Netflix all work perfectly. This is an isolated issue with Guild Wars 2.

Attachments:

(edited by Bhelliom.5324)

Posted by: Tenlaael.4975

Tenlaael.4975

ISP: Sky Broadband

The whole household is affected, I’ve tried every trick in the book to fix it client-side. So I leave it in your hands!

Hope this helps!

Attachments:

Cheers,
Ten.

DippyDragon.3180

Last 2 days, no lag at all – very happy, but any news?

Posted by: Tenlaael.4975

Tenlaael.4975

Nothing yet, though I flicked the TCPAckFrequency switch, which seems to be making it a little better my end, though I’ve not checked routing, so they could have fixed it by now.

Cheers,
Ten.

Posted by: Zatoichi.4376

Zatoichi.4376

Server: Fissure of Woe
ISP: Sky Broadband
Experiencing bad lag and connection errors. Have tried /clientport 80.

Attachments:

(edited by Zatoichi.4376)

Posted by: kyilaw.1780

kyilaw.1780

Server: Sea of Sorrows

Attachments:

Posted by: runards.8971

runards.8971

Server: Blackgate
ISP: PLDT
Experiencing bad lag and connection errors. Have tried /clientport80

I’m also having problems any information on how to prevent this is highly appreciated. I have attached the Game Advisor test and Network Diag.

Posted by: SansRival.3204

SansRival.3204

Connection error. Dunno whats wrong.

Attachments:

Posted by: Raybunny.6190

Raybunny.6190

Server: Gunnars Hold
ISP: SFR
Experiencing bad lag and connection errors.

Raybunny – Warrior
[Midnight Mayhem] – Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: skullfire.6503

skullfire.6503

Im constanly disconnecting and lagging. ncsoft support says its my provider but i could just see that it was a pre made response from them.

I know its not our provider. and its a lot the same than the plingplotter results i got.

I just want to know if Arena Net thinks this is a server problem or not. because if not i have to contact my internet provider. dropping out every 15 minutes is not my idea of having a good time.

TL;DR
- Is this a server issue or is this really my provider?

Posted by: Prigdishnak.9461

Prigdishnak.9461

Disconnecting every 5-15 minutes once in game. Not noticing any overly long loading times but once in I get huge rubber banding then disconnect. And I just returned to the game in the last couple days. Really hope this can be fixed!

Location-Natchitoches, Louisiana

Attachments:

DippyDragon.3180

3 lovely days of no lag, now it’s back again – unplayable tonight

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Im having problems that sound similar to these, I made thread about it yesterday, just discovered this one. Only difference between these threads is that its in Game Bugs section, meaning that it hasn’t been read, beacuse GMs don’t read the Game Bugs section, as we all know.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Awful-skill-lag-since-SoS-update/first#post2047838

Safari.3021

The first picture is tonights ping plotter to Aurora glade server(EU), the second is my pingplotter to maguuma(NA)

Both show packet loss at level3 junctions, though strangly, the level3 server causing problems to maguuma isnt causing issues to Aurora Glade

Attachments:

Posted by: Zurchin.8479

Zurchin.8479

Yay lag again, off to play something else, again…

Zee Bear Claw [GLAD]
Aurora Glade

Safari.3021

oops almost forgot

Attachments:

Posted by: Tyrion.6508

Tyrion.6508

Seems to be a wide spread problem. I play on the Blackgate from in the US and I’m getting this error every 5- 15 minutes. I sincerely hope they find the problem, because I love this game, but it’s so frustrating, I can’t play anymore.

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Yes, the lag is extremely out of control on Gate of Madness in WvW right now, which is pre-WvW-reset. Skill lag is so bad, I shoot an arrow and sometimes see it fly 3 seconds later. And I just got the disconnect error.

We need EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE!

WvW reset will happen in the next 15 min. I can’t imagine how kitten up it’ll be.

Moonlight [THRU]

Posted by: noxx.1706

noxx.1706

Just posted in the WvW forums about this as well; rubber banding and ability lag is making this game completely unplayable for lots of people

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

Bumping for lag, unplayable at the moment.

-KNT- BG

Posted by: Olrikus.3298

Olrikus.3298

Same here.
Actually I had almost no lag and enjoyed world exploration until I tried WvW last week (it was my first WvW). And since that time I had enormous lags both in WvW and World Until this morning. After new patch game started to fly and I was really happy about that until I tried WvW and lags happened again so now neither WvW nor World is playable for me. Same story for my wife’s computer.

NetworkDiag is in attachment.

Attachments:

Posted by: Eye Two.1538

Eye Two.1538

Server: Underworld