Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

Heyas,

I’ve been playing the game flawlessly since launch but earlier this week I’ve started to get strange lag. It’s almost like some skills are taking longer to register on the server then others. Also, players/npcs are rubberbanding all over the place. I’ve got no issues with any other online gaming. I play from Australia. Has anyone else experienced the same issues since earlier in the week?

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: moxx.4629

moxx.4629

same with me. playing on EU server

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: sglenn.6843

sglenn.6843

same, im getting the same lag spike and rubberbanding in pvp. i can’t even fight. geesh, anet pls.

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: Ransom.1362

Ransom.1362

I just made a thread about this, only started recently for me also. You guys aren’t the only ones, so we know it’s not on our end. I play on US server

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: hsuper.4916

hsuper.4916

This is has happening to me for about 3 weeks now. I get kicked back to the character screen with error code 7:11:3:191:101. It’s not too bad during the day, but during peak hours the game becomes unplayable with lag/disconnects every 3-5 minutes. I noticed it becomes especially worse in heavily populated areas like Lion’s Arch, Queensdale champ trains, and WvW.

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: Ransom.1362

Ransom.1362

It’s getting to the point where the game is unplayable while in combat, starting to regret my purchase since I can’t really do anything..

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: Swarfega.6097

Swarfega.6097

Same issue EU/UK. Been happening for over 24 hours now.

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: Tungsten Monarch.6058

Tungsten Monarch.6058

having huge lag spike’s today seeing several continual party wipes in dungeons from it. Logging in from Southern California.

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: iVlad.9421

iVlad.9421

same with me, but its really terrible when i play tequatl.

what i have discovered though is that i allowed my windows 8 to update last 22 december 2013.

would that have something to do with my troubles?

wvw and dungeons, just minor lag though, still playable. its the tequatl fight that i can no longer play because of lag and eventually crashing out of the game.

The Last PH Mesmer in the Kaineng Server

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: warchanter.9574

warchanter.9574

I would like to report the same issue after downloading a patch to fix a bug after the game crashed. I selected to download this patch to fix this bug and after it download I would rubberband. Since launch I NEVER had any issues. Now My frames are jumping from 5 to 30 to 50. And it is terrible. I have tried redownloading the entire client and that didn’t work. I would also like to add windows also did update. Idk if the windows update caused the bug that made the game crash and redownload.

I’m on the East coast. SoR

Could def use the help.

[DaP] Warchanter -Mesmer – TC
[DaP] Bench War Mer -Gaurdian – TC

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: Dorf.3140

Dorf.3140

Same. Encountering terrible lag spikes in combat the last 2-3 days in all aspects of the game. The 1-sec lag spikes in abilities makes it unplayable as a glass cannon build. /sadface

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: derpy.7236

derpy.7236

yeah, i have been noticing more lag also. i play on a US server.

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: ozzieballista.8015

ozzieballista.8015

I play from Perth Australia, I have a great connection speed top of the line pc and can play any other game in the US with out an issue.

The game is completely unplayable for me in WvW now. I don’t know what the changes were, but since the Pre-Christmas update I cant wvw at all. I just rubber band around the place and die like a scrub. I don’t even bother to login in anymore, I’m waiting for the next update to see if they fix it by accident.

I’m really regretting all the $$$ I put in to gems to get my twilight. I’ll never spend another dime on this game again. they break stuff to often with no follow up in these threads, I’ve spent more $$$ than I would in a subscription game for several years of use. I feel really ripped off by Anet now, they got me good, don’t let them get you to. It’s not worth the risk of throwing away good money to find that you might not be able to play for months at a time because they stuff up again!

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: Arlette.9684

Arlette.9684

My suggestion is, run the diagnostic tool and post your trace route data. I did that in another post, it seems to be an escalating issue.

Moira Dreamweaver lvl 80 Guardian [TG], Sky Mira lvl 80 Ranger [TG]
Isle of Janthir
All is Vain

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: siralius.9517

siralius.9517

Okay, Anet.
1. Rubberbanding
2. Skills lagging/not responding at all while chat, world and character are normal.
3. Underwater weapon skills not going away after leaving water.
4. Underwater weapon skills appearing in the middle of an area and or dungeon where there is no water.
5. Insane lag-spikes every few minutes in all areas, dungeons, wvw maps and pvp.
6. Random disconnects.

Are we to believe this is a fault on our end? How do you explain underwater weapon skills appearing in the middle of a dungeon where there is no water (AC p1)? Have spoken to other ppl in game where they are also experiencing random Lag-spikes.

I’m just going with the flow.
Let’s make it “Casual Friday” errday.

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: sandvich.8259

sandvich.8259

I’ve Just logged out because of this. It takes me 2 seconds to switch a weapon, rubber-banding when trying to walk through Keep doors and enemies porting all over the place while fighting. Sorry but I can have more fun doing something else.

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Arlette.9684

I’ve Just logged out because of this. It takes me 2 seconds to switch a weapon, rubber-banding when trying to walk through Keep doors and enemies porting all over the place while fighting. Sorry but I can have more fun doing something else.

+1 for this

Isle of Janthir
All is Vain

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: Dusk.4708

Dusk.4708

this needs to be fixed we got time for sales instead of getting the server lag issues fixed me and multiple people on my home server can barely play now due to this please fix it already it has been an ongoing issue that just never seems to go away

SBI [Hero] Zero the Mechanist

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: Ralph.2038

Ralph.2038

This lag has to be fixed. I cant believe I just started playing for like 3 weeks and the lag took away my experience. sigh

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

I have the same issue. It hits in spikes and seems relatively inconsistent.

Playing from Aus. ISP is Optus.

I can say that it has NOT been fixed for me.

My guess is there is a particular data centre near anet that’s causing the problem.

noice

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: Enlet.4069

Enlet.4069

Having the same problems, playing from Aus ISP is Iprimus. I’ve been having this issue from launch, thought it was just a population thing but even in dead zones where there’s only like <20 people I lag out. I don’t get any time to attempt to play outside peek hours so I cant say if that’s the main cause but seriously, how in 2012 did they think Oceanic players would be okay with lag spikes and other issues. Even the nbn won’t help, you can’t brute force your connection when the server can’t handle it.

If any MMO comes out from now and doesn’t have an oceanic server I’m not even touching it, sick of devs making a good game and then hiring idiots to design their net code and server tech. Hell I’ve played indie games that run better than GW2 with twice the numbers, Even private servers of games I’ve had better luck with. Hell I’d settle for them to pay for a proxy sub for me. Game is unplayable without one and I refuse to have to pay a sub fee to play a free to play game.

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

Same problem with me, takes ages to use a skill, and sometimes it completing crash for 10-20 seconds, wtf is happening? (Eu, Blacktide)

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: Sunny Storms.3091

Sunny Storms.3091

I’ve been having the same issue.

Random lag spikes: During and not during fights…Lag spike by just open inventory tabs. Lag spikes by just walking trough a gateway in tower.
Lag spikes during a run towards Frozen Maw fractal boss.
Random skill warps.
Even a kick while running to an merchant, just before i reach him… POOF, character selction screen for you!

Only counting today, i have had 37 disconnects to either character select screen or complete kick out of the game.

I’ve never had a problem with lag or frozen screens, in any game. I play battlefield 3 online with 29ms ping. League of Legends with only 34ms ping. Been playing uildwars for 8 years and never have i encountered lags through fault of my own.

I’m going to play Left4Dead2 now untill someone fixes this. And please Arenanet, DO FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!

Please.

Sunny Storms.
Far Shiverpeaks.

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: Sunny Storms.3091

Sunny Storms.3091

Just tried to login again:

Got these 2 messages.
“Code=7:11:3:191:101” and just before that “Code=42:1000:9001:4137:101”

And do not tell me this is an issue on my side. My connection is fine as i am currently playing Left4Dead2. ONLINE!

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

I realy would like a dev to check into that, at least we would get what’s wrong…

Edit: I did that Diagnostic test, so it may helps devs to understand what’s wrong with the in-game lag.

Attachments:

(edited by Vajra.3914)

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Arlette.9684

save your breath, the ticket that I opened, after all the reports and diagnostics that they made me send… well they told me, it’s an ISP issue resulting in packet loss, we can’t do anything about it. funny how it’s the only game on my list that gives me this issue but hey it’s ISP issue to them.

Isle of Janthir
All is Vain

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: LHC President.6718

LHC President.6718

Having similar issues
Tagging for future references

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: Gelfgar.7698

Gelfgar.7698

I submitted tickets and diagnostics after many replies of saying drivers weren’t up to date and other typical IT responses I got the it’s your ISP packet drop loss excuse too even though this is only game that is effected.

I just had to stop doing WvW for now and hopefully it gets fixed if not it may be greener pastures for me.

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: Dashizaru.6405

Dashizaru.6405

I’ve been having the same issues recently. I’ve played the game fine for the past year without many hiccups, but recently in the past few days I’ve been lagging/rubberbanding. I’ve tested it through my laptop at campus and even home computer with no luck. I also tried to repair and port client but nothing seems to fix it. I ran internet test over and over but I get consistent numbers and lag in no other game.

I’ve heard guildies complain about the unbearable lag as well and its safe to assume that it’s not completely our ISP at fault. As long as the issue gets addressed in a reasonable time frame, I will be happy.

Level: 9001
Fort Aspenwood [sAtn]

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: CptnDrunk.8361

CptnDrunk.8361

Bump. Cant even WvW cause of it.

Tone Deaf [TUNE] | Yaks Bend
Doctor Love – Mesmer
Captain Awesome – Warrior

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: derpy.7236

derpy.7236

i tried opening a support ticket but they told me it was packet loss and to contact my ISP. i play on a laptop and have used 3 different ISP’s every other game i play works fine, but i had the same lag in GW2. today was not as bad though.

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I was curious about a bit of activation delay I was seeing tonight so I checked out the various IPs I was on with both ping plotter and Window’s resource monitor. For quite a while their was a huge increase in ping between the DFW node and NCSOFT’s first node (65.205.119.210), on the order of an additional 100ms (usually only 30ms) with ping plotter showing transit times to NCSOFT on the order of 180ms. Add in the usual server code turn around I was getting pings in the Window’s resource monitor ranging in the 250-300ms range.

At the moment, the connection is back to “normal” for me with only a 75ms ping to NCSOFT in PP. I’ve been noticing this pattern for the last week or so, the lag in activation. This is just the first time I bothered looking into it.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Arlette.9684

I was curious about a bit of activation delay I was seeing tonight so I checked out the various IPs I was on with both ping plotter and Window’s resource monitor. For quite a while their was a huge increase in ping between the DFW node and NCSOFT’s first node (65.205.119.210), on the order of an additional 100ms (usually only 30ms) with ping plotter showing transit times to NCSOFT on the order of 180ms. Add in the usual server code turn around I was getting pings in the Window’s resource monitor ranging in the 250-300ms range.

At the moment, the connection is back to “normal” for me with only a 75ms ping to NCSOFT in PP. I’ve been noticing this pattern for the last week or so, the lag in activation. This is just the first time I bothered looking into it.

Shhhhhh, it’s all in your mind, it’s not their fault, it’s your ISP!

Isle of Janthir
All is Vain

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I didn’t say it was their fault. The uptick in ping occurs on the hop to their server. It could be their ISP.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Arlette.9684

I was being sarcastic…

Isle of Janthir
All is Vain

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: BlademanZ.2630

BlademanZ.2630

Been having the same issue here. I put in a ticket explaining the problem and put in a link to this thread. We’ll see what they do this time…

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: FirstInfantry.2795

FirstInfantry.2795

oh wow I just seen this thread didnt realize so many others had it too, so now I know its not my end and can stop looking for google solutions:O There are two error codes one disconnects me everytime I try to make an action such as going to world vs world. Error code: 7:11:3:191:101 but theres also another one I get when I log on and try to use the interface error code: 41:1000:9001:4137:101, it states that the client cant connect to the server although I’m already on. This lag which my skills don’t activate, my guild, contact, lfg list and other commands don’t work.

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: Schmoodles.8234

Schmoodles.8234

Oh joy, error 7:11:3:191:101.
After coming back and playing for a week without any disconnects, today I’ve been disconnecting every 3-20 minutes and the issue is not on my end.

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: juxo.7129

juxo.7129

After coming back and playing for a week without any disconnects, today I’ve been disconnecting every 3-20 minutes and the issue is not on my end.

i have same problem last hour, impossible to play

RETIRED after 2 years and 3500 hours because Anet sucks
#1 PVE Commander EU
Desolation motto: Guests Go Home

Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding

Posted by: scytheman.1386

scytheman.1386

Same here, constant disconnects for several hours now.

Desolation (EU)