Lag after update

Lag after update

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Seriously, every update you never fix the lag, it actually gets worse. In WvW I now have delayed skill activation, hits not registering when they’re right in the swing of my sword and CRAZY rubberbanding. The game is honestly unplayable right now, not only for me, but a lot of other people I play with.

I don’t know what happened to the flawless gameplay near launch, but it’s gone now, and I suspect never to return? Or are you actually planning on fixing this?

Lag after update

Posted by: tolkien.6317

tolkien.6317

I’m getting a lot of this in personal story instances, and even in open world PvE combat. They’ve changed something big (stealthily) and it’s not working right. My suspicion is the change is colliding with the culling code and producing bad results, because NPCs are popping in all over the place, and even my pet gets “lost” at times and then suddenly rubber-bands in to attack my target at guided missile speed. Something’s not right.

(edited by tolkien.6317)

Lag after update

Posted by: Liquid Swords.1740

Liquid Swords.1740

I am also having strange issues in wvw as of the last patch. Like when i jump off a cliff I rubberband and hit the ground like 3 times and this rubber banding only happens during falling. Powers just not activating sometimes even in small scale fights. I also get my character running in certain directions while not pressing any WASD keys(no not a broken keyboard). Strange but ohwell

Fort Aspenwood – PRX

Lag after update

Posted by: Shuggie.8354

Shuggie.8354

I too have been getting lag a fair bit since the past 2 patches.

Quite often things will be alright until I go into wvw, then it’s rubber bands and skill lag, even if I leave wvw.
Doesn’t seem to get better until I’m logged out of the game for a while.

very odd.

Lag after update

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Interesting OP, I was going to start a thread about the Horrendous lags since the patch; i’m glad someone already did.

I’m glad i’m not the only one with this dramatic problem. I realized when there’s a zerg, that’s when the Horendous Laggs begin.

Obviously I figured it out, The servers can not handle too many characters on one screen at a given time. In other words; there is limit of how many characters that’s is programed to be on the screen at a given time and at once. Therefore when the limitation is surpassed, the server and screen Laggs.

I can imagine the servers temperatures being very hot; and needs excessive cooling so they won’t overheat.

It is time to open new servers to balance the servers populations.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Lag after update

Posted by: BloodOmen.3560

BloodOmen.3560

I am getting a huge skill delay in all areas of the game. pve/wvw/spvp. It almost seems like lag, but i’m not sure it actually is.

Lag after update

Posted by: Sinned.8419

Sinned.8419

I used to get server lag only in WvW but as you guys mentioned, it seems to be popping up all over now.

Guild Wars 2 Machinimas and Let’s Plays found at www.youtube.com/delusionalquester

Lag after update

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Ive noticed some lag recently and I don’t think its specifically for WvW. Im getting it in PvE atm.

Lag after update

Posted by: gfox.6501

gfox.6501

oh, not just me, then. I quit WvW and went to bed thinking my internet is acting up.

Lag after update

Posted by: IronPlushy.4256

IronPlushy.4256

I run a fairly high end gaming pc and I started getting this weird effect where when i fall and take damage it like rapidly replays the fall one more time, this happens virtually everytime I fall for damage. Other than that I haven’t had any problems.

Lag after update

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

It’s not just lag now. I keep getting kicked from the game completely.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Lag after update

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Liquid Swords, your moving without pressing keys is actually some input bug with the game that has not been addressed.

The fix: whatever direction your character is moving (without the key pressed), press that key! Ex. If your character is stuck spinning to the right, hit D or right arrow key to get them to stop. Running forward uncontrollably, hit W.

It’s random and seems to be associated with hitting multiple keys at a time. But no official word has been mentioned that I have seen.

As for LAG and disconnects, I only experienced it after the weekly patch over a week ago and that mostly cleared up within a couple days. I still experience spurts of lag and input lag and baddie rubberbanding. I did have a random disconnect the other day oddly enough, my first one since I fixed the issue with my dual-band wireless router switching bands and causing disconnects for me.

Use a traceroute to see if it’s ISP related or Anet servers. I’ve been finding excessive latency once I hit Anet servers (600ms + at times), but I’m also seeing up to 300ms in the Chicago (level3 service areas) area due to the route my ISP uses. But even with that cleared up, Anet still seems sporadic in getting high latencies.

https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9245/kw/Lag

This helps too:

https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8994/~error-codes

Use error code 7. I use QoS rather than port forwarding and it still helps.

Lag after update

Posted by: Kirster.4605

Kirster.4605

all i can do now is daily then quit because of the lag i don’t know if this is a server problem but my download speed can reach up to 700kbps i have 2 isp