Lag with Info, game keeps stuttering

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

Since this afternoon the game is with a terrible lag for me. Every 5 seconds or so, I lag for about 0.5, 1 second, where everyone stands still (or keep moving to where they were going) and then for the next second everything happens fast as if to catch up with what was happening.

This is making any sort of PvP unplayable, and PvE really annoying (misdodges, can’t see what’s going on, hoping nothing happens when I freeze, etc).

I’ve used two connection tests (not just for speed) and they showed the connection is fine, I downloaded some random stuff and even torrents are working just fine, though I don’t have any other online game to test it.

Before I call cursing my ISP, how can I test my connection with the game alone to check if it’s working properly (if it’s the game or my connection)?

EDIT

Just figured out how to check my latency ingame with the Resource Monitor. It showed an average of 300ms, but I’m having problems now so I don’t know how it was before.

Then I learned my server’s IP, Ehmry Bay, and tried to ping it 10 times. All timed out.
Could be some sort of programming so unlogged people don’t ping servers, so I tested with the main server (found on google), and showed only 70% packet loss.

So I think I figured why I’m having these terrible lag even though my connection seems to be fine. It also seems to start at about 3 PM PDT, started around this time for yesterday and today.

So, what can I do? Schedule my playing time to before 3 PM?

Attachments:

(edited by Danicco.3568)

Danicco.3568

It seems to be the game, it’s totally unplayable now… when I’m walking it looks fine, when I engage in a combat the game is always freezing and then everything happens fast with my character using 1 or 2 skills (that I clicked as I engaged the combat) and auto-attacking the mob until it’s death in a fast-forward motion.

Is there anyway I can get the game back to normal?

Posted by: Jarder.6751

Jarder.6751

It’s not just you. I’ve read people complaining about this on pvp matches. Even a friend of mine when we go tourneys.. It’s a 1 or 2 seconds lag, so there’s a lot of people with problems..

It’s not happening to me but everyone else are leaving because of that, so there’s no people to play with :c

Amira Einheriar – Necromancer

Danicco.3568

And today, again…

I noticed it started today at about the same time as yesterday… maybe it’s peak time now for the server I play? (though unlikely, because I’m lagging in sPvP)

I’ve already called complaining to my ISP but they don’t seem to know what’s wrong.
I only know that this is getting really really frustrating…

Posted by: Kryshade.6075

Kryshade.6075

I’ve also been getting random lag spikes of about 3-5 seconds. Only seems to happen when I engage in combat though. I can run around the mists just fine but as soon as I get into a tourny and start fighting a get these random spikes. Makes it very difficult to PVP.

Danicco.3568

That’s exactly the same that’s happening to me.

Outside combat it seems fine, though if I pay attention and there’s a bunch of people moving on screen, I can notice some of them slightly teleporting.

But when I engage in combat, it’s a total mess… not only it lags terribly in the response of my skills (I press the skill, and it’ll only start casting a second or so after), it feels I’m playing a second later than everyone.
So I’m getting CC’ed even with stability, dodges doesn’t work at all, and the constant fast-forwarding battles are rendering it unplayable.

Posted by: Onmosis.7056

Onmosis.7056

Game Breaking stutters for me too… rolled back to 310 drivers for nvidia, and such. My stuttering problem only happened after the last update.

Onmosis – Ranger
Fort Aspenwood

Danicco.3568

And as of today, 06/07, it began earlier than I expected, at 12:00 PDT.

I didn’t even had to logout, I was playing and it was doing PvP perfectly fine, and then the stuttering began.

If this is going to be constant it’d be great if they could move this period of stuttering to when I’m sleeping… having to play only when the game lets me play is kinda…

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

started for me tonight at 12:00 PDT exactly.

Hey guys, loads of us having these issues, using the following thread, for me its been happening every night since 27th april
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Lag-Long-Loading-and-Error-7-11-3-189-101/page/4#post2161306

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Anet will NEVER admit it but this game is Screwed and they haven’t got the foggiest idea how to fix it, Hence the lack of any information regarding major issues.

Posted by: Kastylx.2579

Kastylx.2579

Hi!

I have the same problem! Nothing is wrong with my isp – i have pinged severeal countries and never had more than 200ms, even frankfurt gives me 12ms according to pingtest.net.

i also play wow and i have no lag at all. i can run the game with constant 50fps outside of zergs.

thanks for taking our money and kitten ing in our faces

Danicco.3568

Today, 06/09, it began at about 10:00 PDT.

Posted by: Snowstorm.3897

Snowstorm.3897

I’m also having this issue, only ever occurs between 19:00-23:00 BST, right during EU primetime for me. Every 5-10 seconds I get a screen freeze where everyone runs into walls etc, and then it fast forwards and corrects itself in a few seconds, before doing the exact same thing again. Makes WvW completely unplayable, and I know of a few others in the guild suffering the exact same issues. My net is 40/40 with a 5ms ping usually, even when using pingplotter, the ping to ANets servers is 20-30ms, yet I suffer from freezes of up to 10-15 seconds while playing the game. Not sure what the hell is going on.

Sylas
Second Law [Scnd] – Guild leader
Currently: Axiom – Necro

Posted by: Repuran.1859

Repuran.1859

I’m using WTFast as a workaround but it’s only free for a month so I hope Anet fix it within 30 days but hey download the trial if you want to play but can’t cos of lag.

Full time Engi, Part time Ele

Posted by: RonenZ.9562

RonenZ.9562

Same for me. Started to have lags before 3 days or so, it’s really annoying, unplayable.
It happens to me at late hours like from 9pm.
Please fix your servers or something.

Posted by: Zerbo.5381

Zerbo.5381

This has also been happening to me at about the same time every day, which I’ve also noticed is about 3 PM PST. It’s just like you said- a 1 to 2 second skill lag and my character not able to move fluidly and literally stuttering around. I do live in Europe and play on a US server, but I haven’t had any problems like this with the exception of some huge zerg fights and I’ve been playing since before launch. But this occurs now anywhere on the map, regardless of how many other players are around. This also started occuring just within the last week after one of the recent patches and is the worst in WvW.

Considering that solo roaming is the main activity I take part in, this is pretty much ruining my gaming experience. It’s simply unplayable unless you like dying all the time and not hitting your opponent even when you’re standing right behind them.

Posted by: Aerwyna.2541

Aerwyna.2541

Yup same here. Cant really play, so have to wait it out. I sent a ticket in, they said it is a known server issue and there is no ETA on when it will be fixed. But they are working on it.

Renoria Blackheart loves her kitty Kronos. <3
Proud member of the Blackgate community.

Posted by: WIGZ.8245

WIGZ.8245

I’ve been having the same issue with the most recent builds where I succumb to massive FPS lag regardless of situation, then all of a sudden, the client catches up. This happens everywhere, Lion’s Arch, WvWvW… In WvWvW, the problem becomes exponentially worse where if there’s a large battle, it becomes a slideshow of 1 or 2 fps. Pretty much unplayable.

[BT] Wigz – Blackgate – 80 Engineer & Warrior
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

Danicco.3568

If it’s FPS lag, it isn’t related to your connection, but hardware. You might want to check if your drivers are updated and if there’s nothing eating your processor while you’re playing.

And today, 06/10, the lag is still present as of 02:55 PDT. Since I wasn’t online earlier, it might’ve started way before this.

However, it seems a bit different today, the lag isn’t as bad as before seeing that the sound is at least synch’ed with the motions (before it wasn’t), and I’m not getting the skill lag every 3~5 seconds like before, just 7~10 seconds now.

It is still terrible though. Going to use the GPN again to see if it improves.

Danicco.3568

Started today, 06/11, at 10:55 PDT.

Posted by: Emelian.6103

Emelian.6103

downloaded patch, started game, LA overflow just a dew peeps around, skill lag and spikes. maybe someone forgot to freeze server room? bcuz im absolutely sure, its not my pc.

Posted by: Haddar.1963

Haddar.1963

Hello. Like written many time the game is unplayable from 7pm UCT. Tried to check latency using PingPlotter and ncplay.com is definitely the driver! I had changed my provider to taste the real beauty of GW2 but have not chance yet. Please look at this someone from support team …. Thanks

Danicco.3568

Today, 06/12, still the same lag, dunno when it started.

Today is the worst ever though, instead of 3~5 seconds lag, I’m getting skill lag every single second. My game is constantly going fast-forward and slow-motion mode.