Lagging ever since new patch

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

Q:

Is anyone else experiencing major lag issues ever since patch?
Getting 4 to 6 sec delay.

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

Yes i get small random delays quite often. Im in spvp too with 100 mbps download 11 upload

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

Posted by: Dizzle.5830

Dizzle.5830

I have been, ever since the new Fractured patch. I’m on SBI but the last Fractal run I did was in FA. It seemed to start on our second fractal, Cliffside, at the final boss. It went in and out. Finally in our third fractal, Aetherblade, it was unbearable at the Frizz fight, and I got kicked =[

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

I was playing in wayfarer foothils but the skill delay was terrible. 5-10s

Posted by: Xeloren.1682

Xeloren.1682

yep, i had no problem with lag before this patch, now i got 5-10sec lag spikes that i never had in the game before under a year. also have connection issues sometimes, since the patch, and can’t log in until i restart my system, so Anet pls fix it, i heard some others have the same issue.

Xeloren [TUP]

Posted by: Krengy.6705

Krengy.6705

im having the same issue and i also can see that my pc is running warmer then before patch.

HoD [ANBU]

Posted by: Mehrdad.9074

Mehrdad.9074

Same ! I didnt have any lag it was in wvwvw just when the server were too lagy but right now i cannot even duel lol 1v1 .. .. .. it’s like 2/4 sec delay and i have no idea what’s going on it was after patch ..

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

Same for me, getting a constant skill delay of 1-2 seconds in pretty much empty maps. World events are now downright impossible with up to 10 seconds delay, I can’t do anything. Also since the last patch, everything was fine before.

Playing on Underworld, not that it would matter much with my past experiences with the GW2 only lag.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Queensdale seems to be the worst.

Shadow Behemoth - Last 3 times I was disconnected just before it died and had severe delays on skills (up to 10 seconds).
Champ Train - 4-5 second delays on skills and possible disconnections too.
Mapping - Not as bad but still terrible.

Posted by: Zeplar.9174

Zeplar.9174

Ive had problems with loading if i start in lions arch when i spawn in noyhing will be on screen and it will take 2 min for everything to load

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

To better help you guys you need to provide more information your ISP, your location not your exact location but country and city, are you connecting over Wifi or either net cable. PC specs and OS, and is the OS 32 or 64bit. Most often lag is caused by packet loss between your ISP and the game servers, did you run a ping path test.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: Gelfgar.7698

Gelfgar.7698

I have been playing since beta and have never experienced the weird lag issues I am since the last fractal patch. I see people rubber banding and I am getting weird 1 second and half second skill delay on certain skills. I see this in both pve and WvW and not even in crowded areas. I did a latency test on gw2 and it is btwn 40-240 which is normal.

Only other thing I noticed since last patch is now with same graphic settings I had before the patch, I see more particle effects like legendary auras and karka glowing, which I never saw before. I have submitted a ticket ingame and asked ingame and many others are experiencing similar issues since the patch. I really wish anet would at least address this or explain any ninja performance changes that were made in last patch so that some light could be shed on this issue.

Posted by: Jorah.7061

Jorah.7061

I am seeing quite a bit of this as well. I understand that Anet is trying to clean up alot of the scripting of skills, but this warrior is seeing some skill lag issues.

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

To better help you guys you need to provide more information your ISP, your location not your exact location but country and city, are you connecting over Wifi or either net cable. PC specs and OS, and is the OS 32 or 64bit. Most often lag is caused by packet loss between your ISP and the game servers, did you run a ping path test.

Can you list the GW2 IPs to ping, I want to try this.

My lag was worse 2 patches ago but it started to get better, but after fractured it’s started to lag again.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

The problem is very likely the same it has been since relase of the game. Sometimes the routing from your ISP to the GW2 servers is awful and you lag like crazy.
It is somewhat an ISP issue, then again GW2 is the ONLY game/application for many experiencing those lags where this is an issue, so it can’t be ISP only.

Things like Pingzapper/tunneling programs or restarting your router/modem in hopes of getting a better routing can help, but it’s frustrating to have this problem pop up time and again after certain patches, even though I understand it may be hard to pin down the problem (though, again, only GW2 suffers from this, for some reason).

To me it just became noticable again after the Fractured update. It’s gotten a bit better again, it’s still suboptimal. And I have posted the specs in the monster of a lag-issue thread already.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Disconnected 4 times in 5 minutes in Queensdale (so far). It’s pathetic. No issues with Steam, utorrent or general surfing the net, only GW2. No problems at all in GW2 prior to the patch.

Posted by: LaDiese.8097

LaDiese.8097

by any chance, are u guys in asia or australia?

Posted by: Teerlys.5630

Teerlys.5630

I’m lagging hard with this new patch too. 1-4 second skill delays for no reason I can spot. If a big event happens in WvWvW it can be over a minute, with the catch up being super sped up spikes of activity. At least once I’ve lagged all of the way to log in screen.

PA, USA. Verizon FIOS ISP, Windows 7 64bit. Connected over ethernet cord. Have tried restarting the router several times. Have cancelled all processes not specific to windows. A persistent ping to yahoo.com shows no packet loss or lag spikes on my end. Full computer restart has happened twice. Nothing has had any effect on the spikes. I can’t find anything where it might be on my end, but not everyone is having the same issues.

Posted by: Lyana Evrilow.8102

Lyana Evrilow.8102

I’ve been getting serious lag since the patch. I have been gone for a week due to the holiday, but I doubt that has any bearing on it.

I am in Texas, USA using Time Warner cable internet. Yes, I use wifi to connect. I notice the lag most of the time when things die or spawn quickly. In Fireheart Rise, there’s an event that spawns 2-3 trolls at once. I didn’t see them until they were upon me, and both NPCs were dead (the ones lighting the lanterns) because the game lagged the moment they spawned. Again, in Fireheart (yeah, I’m mapping), I was defending the bridge for Citadel of flame. Three things died in quick succession of each other, and the game lagged on every single skill use. (I’m a necro with a staff, so it was each mark not being placed or triggered)

I turned my settings down to medium for animation in order to attempt to stop the lag, but it didn’t work. My autodetect puts everything at high. I use Windows 8.1 Pro, 64bit. 8GB of RAM, Intel i7 CPU… dual Radeon 7700 series graphics cards linked together … and I don’t know what else needs to be said (I’m not a tech person)

I’ve never lagged this bad on simple, simple things like npcs dying. So I don’t really know what to do.