Language bans

Language bans

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: White Owls.4360

White Owls.4360

Ok. I just woke up this morning and wanted to play Guild Wars, tried to log on to my account and realized i have been given a >2 WEEK< ban for saying a racial slur?? i said ONE offensive word and got banned for 14 days. I think that was extremely ridiculous. i can understand banning people for a few hours. but 2. entire. weeks. i’m pretty sure this game has a language filter? why ban players for swearing if you have a filter to protect people that dont want to hear it.

Language bans

Posted by: Dan.9801

Dan.9801

Ok. I just woke up this morning and wanted to play Guild Wars, tried to log on to my account and realized i have been given a >2 WEEK< ban for saying a racial slur?? i said ONE offensive word and got banned for 14 days. I think that was extremely ridiculous. i can understand banning people for a few hours. but 2. entire. weeks. i’m pretty sure this game has a language filter? why ban players for swearing if you have a filter to protect people that dont want to hear it.

Same here dude. Only i don’t remember what i said. It’s been about 5 days for me so far and i was even talking to a GM on here and he said “If you tell me your characters names i’ll tell you what you said to get banned” So i told him my character names and guess what… he never answered. Blatantly lying isn’t gunna help anyone. I’m really sad because this game was so good but the company is a piece of poop (wouldn’t want to get banned for saying a “bad” word)

Language bans

White Owls.4360

i said “kitten” one time. thats it. there is a language filter in the game to prevent people from getting offended. i dont understand why one bad word WHEN THERE IS A FILTER FOR IT got me a full 14 day ban? That is BEYOND stupid. and totally uncalled for.

Language bans

White Owls.4360

but i said the N word. but with an A on the end. once. and BOOM. 14 DAY BANHAMMER

Language bans

Dan.9801

i said “kitten” one time. thats it. there is a language filter in the game to prevent people from getting offended. i dont understand why one bad word WHEN THERE IS A FILTER FOR IT got me a full 14 day ban? That is BEYOND stupid. and totally uncalled for.

Completely agreed. Tooooooo bad this comment will get deleted because agreeing with someone isn’t allowed on these forums. Maybe if i say how much i hate arena net some more it wont get deleted because that’s what this threads all about. Hey arena net, i hate you

Language bans

Dan.9801

but i said the N word. but with an A on the end. once. and BOOM. 14 DAY BANHAMMER

I said the N word with the A at the end too and i think that’s what i was banned for because i dont remember saying anything else. I agree it’s totally unfair this company sucks

Language bans

Posted by: SenorPez.1568

SenorPez.1568

And that’s the short suspension! Imagine if this wasn’t your first offense!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-conduct-breaches-outcomes/

“The first account mark results in a relatively brief suspension, and only persistent bad behavior results in a lengthy suspension or an account termination.”

Guild Wars 2: Join the MMO Revolution!
Get banned for no reason at all!
Endure customer service that’s both slow and unhelpful!

Language bans

White Owls.4360

WHY PUT IN A FREAKING LANGUAGE FILTER IF YOU’RE STILL GOING TO BAN FOR FOWL LANGUAGE. ARENA NET, THAT’S ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. I would of held off if i got a warning. but there was no warning. it was instant 14 day suspension. for 1 word. and it isnt even that offensive. i wasnt using it negitively toward someone else. i wasnt insulting another player? this ban is complete BS.

Language bans

Posted by: SenorPez.1568

SenorPez.1568

The safest thing to do is not use chat at all. If you accidentally offend someone—even in Guild chat!—by saying “poop,” they’ll report you and get you banned for 2 weeks.

Guild Wars 2: Join the MMO Revolution!
Get banned for no reason at all!
Endure customer service that’s both slow and unhelpful!

Language bans

White Owls.4360

I’ve lost so much respect for ANET. seriously, i thought i had the right to say whatever i wanted? im american so its kind our first amendment. The internet is the only place some people truly can say what they want. you’re banning me for saying the N word. ONE. SINGULAR. TIME. if i would of received a warning, i wouldn’t of used chat anymore. I wonder if admins get commission on how many people they ban out of the game for any reason at all. that explains the worthless, minute things people can do to get thrown out of the game for 2 weeks. if the game was any less amazing, id probably never play thekittenthing again. just to protest this.

Language bans

Posted by: jimdove.5704

jimdove.5704

Ive been banned for 71 hours for no reason at all. I have demanded proof from their logs on anything they think i may have said. I suggest you go thru your cc company and get a chargeback refunded and report Anet to BBB if you feel their are in error AS I WILL BE BY MONDAY MORNING

DAOC – Excalibur
WAR – Karak-Azgal