Laptop Freeze issue.

Laptop Freeze issue.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: DracosBlackwing.3174

DracosBlackwing.3174

I’ve been recently having issues with GW2 freezing, then crashing my entire laptop. It had run fine before, but now it only seems able to run for a certain amount of time before the game freezes and crashes.

First, my system specs.

Processor: Intel Core i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Cores
RAM: 6.00 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M (drivers are current)
Hard Drive: Size: 447.66 GB Free Space: 247.96 GB

As noted, I have recently updated my video drivers. The issue seems to occur mainly when I make a sudden turn or other sharp movement. The screen will freeze, and there will be a periodic “buzzing” sound; the music will continue playing. I can get to the Task Manager, and the program shows as “not responding” no matter what I do from this point, the laptop will completely crash and has to be rebooted. I’ve tried closing the program, which causes an instant crash, and I’ve tried shutting down the computer, which gets me to the last shut down screen… then causes a crash.

This is a really annoying problem to me, as I used to be able to play the game for hours on end, and now the game locks up seemingly at the drop of a hat. I really want to get back to playing the game, but this issue makes me afraid to do permanent damage to my laptop, which is my only computer atm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.