Laptop touchpad not working sometimes

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Baleroc Rageflame.5173

Baleroc Rageflame.5173

Hello, I have a Lenovo G70 laptop and I am on Guild Wars 2 and when I use a targeted area spell like Meteor Shower and the green area thing comes up, it takes 2-3 clicks on an area for it to actually happen. The touchpad doesn’t respond well sometimes as well, I move the arrow but sometimes it stays in place. It makes combat quite hard. How can I fix these problems?

Edit: The left side of the touchpad is working well, but the right side? Completely nothing. This is a new laptop as well so it should not really have problems? This is a weird laptop…

Posted by: kindofabuzz.9357

kindofabuzz.9357

Question is, how do you play with a touch pad? A mouse would be so much more responsive and easier.

Baleroc Rageflame.5173

Question is, how do you play with a touch pad? A mouse would be so much more responsive and easier.

I have used a touchpad for ages. I am not sure if I could play this game without using one. Maybe.

Baleroc Rageflame.5173

The weird thing is, when I press M, nothing is wrong with the touchpad at all. Just in the open world.

Posted by: kindofabuzz.9357

kindofabuzz.9357

Ho do you even turn, move while casting, etc. have you ever play an mmorpg with a mouse? Do you play first person shooters with a touchpad also?

Baleroc Rageflame.5173

Ho do you even turn, move while casting, etc. have you ever play an mmorpg with a mouse? Do you play first person shooters with a touchpad also?

I turn with WASD keys. When I move while casting, I use the S key to move backwards when casting. I do not play first person shooters.

Baleroc Rageflame.5173

I found a fix for it in the Control Panel. If anyone else has this problem, go to Control Panel, then Hardware and Sound, click on Mouse, then Device Settings tab, then Settings, click on Advanced, and drag Palm Tracking to Minimum. The problem was that I could not move my mouse while moving.