Large Amounts of D/C

Large Amounts of D/C

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Hey, i’ve been D/Cing way to much, and i know it’s not my internets fault since i’m not being thrown off of skype, and this ONLY happens on GW2 and no other online game i play.

Does anyone know how i can fix this?

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Large Amounts of D/C

Posted by: HolySoldier.3842

HolySoldier.3842

I too am having the same problem. Only guild wars 2 D/c and no other game.

Large Amounts of D/C

Durzlla.6295

I too am having the same problem. Only guild wars 2 D/c and no other game.

Yeah… like i just played smite and league for like 4 hours straight (3hrs of league 1hr of smite) not a single disconnect or internet related issue, get onto GW2 for like 1hr and disconnect at least 3 times.

Large Amounts of D/C

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Hey, i’ve been D/Cing way to much, and i know it’s not my internets fault since i’m not being thrown off of skype, and this ONLY happens on GW2 and no other online game i play.

It might depend upon what you are running, and what you call a D/C. I get lots of Out-of-Memory crashes to desktop because I’m still running Win7-32bit with 4 gig of RAM, and that’s not enough to run GW2 reliably. I want to upgrade my computer anyway, though, so once I do that I’m expecting that particular problem to mostly go away.

There’s a lot of buggy code in GW2, though, and the game servers themselves have lots of limitations (in/out bandwidth in particular), Those things cause other types of disconnects that for the most part can only be avoided by not playing the game at all because ArenaNet clearly has no plan to fix them or even acknowledge them.

GW2 is a really fun game to play overall, but for me it’s now just a placeholder until another game comes out that gets it right, or is at least open enough to admit their issues and keep players informed about what they’re doing to fix them. ArenaNet miserably fails at that.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Large Amounts of D/C

Durzlla.6295

It might depend upon what you are running, and what you call a D/C. I get lots of Out-of-Memory crashes to desktop because I’m still running Win7-32bit with 4 gig of RAM, and that’s not enough to run GW2 reliably. I want to upgrade my computer anyway, though, so once I do that I’m expecting that particular problem to mostly go away.

There’s a lot of buggy code in GW2, though, and the game servers themselves have lots of limitations (in/out bandwidth in particular), Those things cause other types of disconnects that for the most part can only be avoided by not playing the game at all because ArenaNet clearly has no plan to fix them or even acknowledge them.

GW2 is a really fun game to play overall, but for me it’s now just a placeholder until another game comes out that gets it right, or is at least open enough to admit their issues and keep players informed about what they’re doing to fix them. ArenaNet miserably fails at that.

Well i have 8gigs of Ram, so that’s not a problem, mine literally say “Connection to Servers Lost” when i D/C

Large Amounts of D/C

Posted by: Proumbro.1376

Proumbro.1376

I can also say that this is happening to me a lot lately. What is really odd, is that all the characters (NPC and Players) will all continue with their last motion they were doing (Newton’s laws). My character will continue to be able to move but his skills will not work.

That is truly not the oddest part. I can literally sit in chat with /guild or /party and talk with my friends in real time. I’ll be like “O gosh, here comes the disconnect, wonder how long it will take this time”, while my friends are screaming “NOOOOOOOO” because we are fighting something.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

Shiro No Shinigami – Necro
“Life is a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth.”

Large Amounts of D/C

Posted by: umbratotalus.7594

umbratotalus.7594

I finally figured out it has nothing to do with my internet, but when I went to play today, it started fine, and then 5 seconds in it lagged when I tried to cast skills, and then my internet went dead (well, it slowed down really badly), I then logged off, left it for a couple of seconds and my internet was fine.

It is good to know that others are having this same problem, as it means it isn’t to do with my usually horrible internet connection.