"Last time game detected problems with data"

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Skolops.2604

Skolops.2604

“The Last Time the GW2 Client Launched it Detected Problems with the Data.”

I had never seen this message until today, when I saw it twice – on two different computers.

The first time was after the 3rd 5/16 patch when I logged off and back on to update the client. This was on my laptop when I was having WiFi connection issues and before logging off I had just had a problem loading into the guild hall. After ignoring the message and logging in and playing successfully, I brushed it off as having been the result of the client getting “confused” by some of the connection problems.

However today, I just got it on my wired desktop when trying to log in for the first time. I have not played on the Desktop in a few days, and had no problems the last time, however I DID download the patches on 5/16 without actually launching the game.

I am letting my desktop run a repair now, but am posting in the event that somebody has some information about this.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I just got this error for the first time as well. I opted to repair the client, so will update when that finishes.

It says its trying to “Repairing data archive…”

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

I got this error after the patch. I ignored it/closed it without repairing. I haven’t had any problems with the game because of it.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

“The Last Time the GW2 Client Launched it Detected Problems with the Data.”

I had never seen this message until today, when I saw it twice – on two different computers.

The first time was after the 3rd 5/16 patch when I logged off and back on to update the client. This was on my laptop when I was having WiFi connection issues and before logging off I had just had a problem loading into the guild hall. After ignoring the message and logging in and playing successfully, I brushed it off as having been the result of the client getting “confused” by some of the connection problems.

However today, I just got it on my wired desktop when trying to log in for the first time. I have not played on the Desktop in a few days, and had no problems the last time, however I DID download the patches on 5/16 without actually launching the game.

I am letting my desktop run a repair now, but am posting in the event that somebody has some information about this.

Same thing here. I had launched the game on May 16, 2016 at around 5:50 pm PST and saw there was another patch and got this message.

I chose to let it run a repair of the game client, but before launching the game I did something else first.

I went into:
C:\Users\ [Your User Name] \AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2 and deleted the Local.dat file.
then:
C:\Users\ [Your User Name] \AppData\Local\Temp and deleted the gw2cache-{numbers and letters} folder

Then rain a repair myself with a desktop shortcut that has the -repair command line added to it.

I haven’t had the error message since, and I had even logged into the game shortly before posting this. It’s perfectly fine to delete that file and folder because afterwards the game will have a small “patch” and replace the files. I’ve had to delete them on occasion because of various reasons, such as textures in the game looking like crap, and more recently v-sync in the game options wouldn’t stay unchecked (off) when I relaunched the game. In such cases, deleting these files solved my problems.

Attachments:

There’s something charming about rangers.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Posted by: Memoranda.9386

Memoranda.9386

I just had this error message. Ran the repair option. Approx. 1/4 through it stopped responding. Force closed the program and relaunched. Patched about 65 small files that took about 15 seconds, and have had no issues.

Weird.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Just yesterday, someone posted the exact same issue. Another user suggested it had to do with the 64-bit client on a 32-bit OS (as the 64-bit client seems to be the default client version now).

So if you are using a 32-bit OS, add the launch option -32 to your GW2 shortcut and see if that solves the issue.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

A 32-bit system won’t use the 64-bit client; only the 32-bit client. The client automatically detects which OS is being used and downloads the pertinent version.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Yea, the loader gets a little cranky on patch day and this pops up on occasion. Happen to me this Tuesday, no big deal since exiting and restarting was fine.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Ashantara.8731

A 32-bit system won’t use the 64-bit client; only the 32-bit client. The client automatically detects which OS is being used and downloads the pertinent version.

If that’s the case, then I don’t see why this suggestion was made in another thread to begin with. Wasn’t it you who wrote said post?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

A 64-bit system can use the 32-bit client with the -32 command line argument (something I do); but not the other way around. A 32-bit system can never use the 64-bit client.

Ashantara.8731

A 64-bit system can use the 32-bit client with the -32 command line argument (something I do); but not the other way around. A 32-bit system can never use the 64-bit client.

I know, but you wrote earlier that the client was the same for both and that it detects which OS you use, then automatically launches the game in the correct mode.

That is why I suggested the OP forces the -32 launch option, in case the game client does not work correctly due to some bug.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t think that’s possible; but sure, it probably won’t hurt.

This ‘problem with data’ snafu comes up now and then. It’s just a superfluous message that never seems to actually cause a problem with playing the game. It usually clears up all by itself after a time or few.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)