Latency

Latency

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Zap Rowsdower.6305

Zap Rowsdower.6305

Hello,

I’ve been experiencing connectivity issues for a couple weeks. I live in the North East United States. I’ve been fine for a whole week, and this morning the issue has returned.

Severe lag followed by a disconnect. The type of lag where you activate an ability and it just flashes but your character does nothing.

I wont bother posting my system specs, because I know that this is an issue outside of my Computer/Wifi. When I use the shared internet on my phone to play GW2 I have no connectivity issues.

Is anyone else in the Northeast United States having this issue? I’m thinking something wrong with a hub or something.

Latency

Posted by: EsteNoriega.3856

EsteNoriega.3856

Hello,

I’ve been experiencing connectivity issues for a couple weeks. I live in the North East United States. I’ve been fine for a whole week, and this morning the issue has returned.

Severe lag followed by a disconnect. The type of lag where you activate an ability and it just flashes but your character does nothing.

I wont bother posting my system specs, because I know that this is an issue outside of my Computer/Wifi. When I use the shared internet on my phone to play GW2 I have no connectivity issues.

Is anyone else in the Northeast United States having this issue? I’m thinking something wrong with a hub or something.

I am not from Northeast United States , but i have the same problem. and this problem use to happen usually at mornings/afternoon every 5-10 minutes. It’s really annoying

Latency

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Hello,

If you run ping plotter (free program), it will tell you where the issue is. Just on any map where you are noticing the issue, type /ip, and use that ip in ping plotter. It’ll show if there is an issue, and where the issue is.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Latency

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

I dont know . what the problem is

Attachments:

Latency

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Look like your issue is on line 10 not soure what that is because you have it blacked out.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Latency

Posted by: idevourwater.3149

idevourwater.3149

GW2 ping is really bad lately. Im in Canada, and the ping from speed test is fine, but in game the ping spikes up to the hundreds range

Latency

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

GW2 ping is really bad lately. Im in Canada, and the ping from speed test is fine, but in game the ping spikes up to the hundreds range

This information reveals nothing. You have to run ping plotter as outlined in this thread.

Latency

EsteNoriega.3856

Hello,

I also have this problem after the patch 03/22/2016, a lot of lag and disconnections , it’s not funny at all :c. I checked in different pcs and different places too , and is only this game that present problem.

Latency

Andraus.3874

Hello,

I also have this problem after the patch 03/22/2016, a lot of lag and disconnections , it’s not funny at all :c. I checked in different pcs and different places too , and is only this game that present problem.

This information reveals nothing. You have to run ping plotter as outlined in this thread

Latency

EsteNoriega.3856

Hello,

This information reveals nothing. You have to run ping plotter as outlined in this thread

As you suggested i made the test , but i don’t understand too much about it. Could you explain me?

Attachments:

(edited by EsteNoriega.3856)

Latency

Andraus.3874

Hello,

As you suggested i made the test , but i don’t understand too much about it. Could you explain me?

On the left you can see packet loss percentages. You have a lot of packet loss starting at your ISP and trickling down through. If this was Anet you would see the packet loss start at ncsoft.com. This is something you will have to take up with your ISP.

Latency

Posted by: idevourwater.3149

idevourwater.3149

Hello,

On the left you can see packet loss percentages. You have a lot of packet loss starting at your ISP and trickling down through. If this was Anet you would see the packet loss start at ncsoft.com. This is something you will have to take up with your ISP.

So does this mean its ISP and not ANET? Like everyone else i only seem to have problem with this game. Speed test.net shows ping is actually very low on average

Latency

Andraus.3874

Anets servers are in Seattle. Speed test takes the nearest server. To do an accurate speed test you would need a Seattle speed test server from your location. Honestly you are getting packet loss at your ISP from that picture so I would expect some issues with speed test as well. But it’s hard to tell which hop exactly is giving you issues because the packet loss is like a domino effect working its way down from the top. My guess is another hop on your way to Seattle is also giving you an issue but it’s hard to tell which one since you have problems starting at your ISP from that ping plotter test. Maybe try to run the ping plotter a few times and see if you have different results.

But it’s very normal to have issues with gw2 and not another game like wow. Their servers are in completely different locations in the US. A hop is basically a road your internet is taking to get to a server. If a hop is bad you get issues. A hop to Seattle is most likely having issues but it’s hard to tell which one as I discussed. Hops to something like wow servers (which are not in Seattle) from where your location is are fine.

Your ISP can change the way your route goes to go around hops or pressure them to fix them when there are issues. But usually they just give you the run around and say it’s Anet even tho it isn’t because when it comes down to it they aren’t going to go through the effort to contact the hop owners.

Lastly it’s not Anet’s servers or everyone would be having issues. I could post a ping plot test that shows no issues. If their servers are having packet loss then everyone has to have issues, not just a few people. One person out of 100 people not having an issue means Anet is fine

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Latency

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Sorry the server are not in Seattle, they are in Austin Texas for the US and Frankfurt Germany for EU

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Latency

EsteNoriega.3856

Anets servers are in Seattle. Speed test takes the nearest server. To do an accurate speed test you would need a Seattle speed test server from your location. Honestly you are getting packet loss at your ISP from that picture so I would expect some issues with speed test as well. But it’s hard to tell which hop exactly is giving you issues because the packet loss is like a domino effect working its way down from the top. My guess is another hop on your way to Seattle is also giving you an issue but it’s hard to tell which one since you have problems starting at your ISP from that ping plotter test. Maybe try to run the ping plotter a few times and see if you have different results.

But it’s very normal to have issues with gw2 and not another game like wow. Their servers are in completely different locations in the US. A hop is basically a road your internet is taking to get to a server. If a hop is bad you get issues. A hop to Seattle is most likely having issues but it’s hard to tell which one as I discussed. Hops to something like wow servers (which are not in Seattle) from where your location is are fine.

Your ISP can change the way your route goes to go around hops or pressure them to fix them when there are issues. But usually they just give you the run around and say it’s Anet even tho it isn’t because when it comes down to it they aren’t going to go through the effort to contact the hop owners.

Lastly it’s not Anet’s servers or everyone would be having issues. I could post a ping plot test that shows no issues. If their servers are having packet loss then everyone has to have issues, not just a few people. One person out of 100 people not having an issue means Anet is fine

Thanks for all this information. I’m from South America, then this can contribute to the problems seen in my IPS but almost always they are displayed during the morning / afternoon, overnight can play normally without disconnections.

Following your recommendations did more tests, the first I made yesterday during the night, and the others today at noon.

Attachments:

(edited by EsteNoriega.3856)

Latency

EsteNoriega.3856

This is the second test I did today. yes i understand your point ,we are a minority and it is likely that the problem is not directly Anet but what catches my attention is the fact that before the last patches could play without any problem.

Attachments:

Latency

EsteNoriega.3856

This was made one hour after the second. Thanks for the help .And sorry for the spam xD

Attachments:

Latency

Andraus.3874

Your route seems to change pretty often. Like you are using telia then level3 in different tests. The second picture shows an obvious problem with level3 in Texas which is pretty common. The other tests are harder to tell since your packet loss is starting at the top which is most likely your ISP. However your second test shows no issues with your ISP. I’m not sure exactly if there’s a way to fix this. There’s ways to force your connection to take a different route through different programs but I don’t have experience with those. You can look up WTFast, they offer a service that I believe usually addresses this issue. But maybe someone else can speak to the effectiveness of using such programs. Just be weary of free programs like this. I’m not sure how safe all of them are.