Launcher Pre-update Stage Doesn't Show Progress

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Aardimus.8052

Aardimus.8052

Whenever I launch the game, it will go through two† “stages”: the first stage is just the launcher window with the logo, art, the ‘100%’ text and progress bar at the bottom right, and nothing else. It then closes and reopens into the second stage, showing the same window, but this time with several text elements that show download progress.

My problem is that I don’t see any indications of any sort in the first stage. Looking at OS X’s Activity Monitor while in this stage, I know that it’s downloading something “in preparation of” available updates. I (vaguely) remember the Windows client showing some sort of progress. Is anyone else experiencing this?

My specs:

• Macbook Pro Late 2011 15"
  • Core i7 2.2
  • Radeon 6750M
  • 16GB RAM
  • OS X 10.8.2

† – Usually there are two, but in cases where an update to the Cider wrapper is available, there is an additional stage at the very start, which is just a small window with a progress bar and some text.

Attachments:

Hjalmar The Uncouth / Vaedreus Aardimus
Legion of the Aguila [LOA] • Blackgate

(edited by Aardimus.8052)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

This happens when it is installing an update to the launcher I believe. Notice after this most recent time that the Lost Shores banner has been added once you’ve logged in.

I half agree that it would be nice to have a progress bar, but it usually only last 1-3 seconds for me so it might be a bit pointless.