Launcher Stuck in Update

Launcher Stuck in Update

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Lushly.2941

Lushly.2941

Q:

My launcher is stuck in an update with 1 file remaining and it also saws my download speed has been reduced to zero. I have never had this happen before and I am not sure what is going on. Restarting the launcher does nothing. Help!

Thank you!

Launcher Stuck in Update

Posted by: CylarCyr.4087

CylarCyr.4087

This is happening to me as well. Also someone else in the Tech Support thread.

Launcher Stuck in Update

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

There have been some users that have gotten it to work by changing the language to French and letting the download finish then change back to English. I know it sounds odd but I have seen a few people say it works.

The Burninator

Launcher Stuck in Update

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hi Lushly – I’d like you to first locate and delete your local.dat file which is located in your Documents > Guild Wars 2 folder. Once this is done, reboot your computer and launch Guild Wars 2 again. After seeing the 1 file remaining message, a secondary protocol should kick in to download the file from the backup system. This usually takes about 10 minutes.

If after 15 minutes or so this does not resolve the issue, I would like you to change the language for the launcher (top right corner) to French, English, or German to see if the download completes. Once the download completes, you should be able to change the launcher back to your original language and log in and play again.