Launcher loading incredible slow

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Tyr.2469

Tyr.2469

Hi,

Since the update for the wintersday content my Launcher is loading up very slow. Before that it was nearly instantly in the “Login”-screen but now it takes at least one minute to get to the screen. The loading screen is shown in the attachment.

I am using Mac OSX Lion (10.7.5) as shown in the second attachment.

Is that a bug? If you have the same problem please let me know because I would like to know whether that is an issue of just my computer or a problem with the Launcher.

Kind regards,
Tyr

Attachments:

Posted by: electoh.9672

electoh.9672

I’m having a similar issue where the launcher is loading incredibly slowly for me. As in, I’m downloading about 8% every hour.

I should note that this is my very first attempt trying to play Guild Wars 2 EVER. So is this normal that the game takes overnight to load the first time playing?

I am using a macbook pro 13" mid 2012 laptop. I have an i7 processor, 750GB Hard Drive, and 8 GB RAM.

I have Mac OSX 10.8.2

Help! Tips? Advice? Comments?

Attachments:

Posted by: Fateless.3250

Fateless.3250

You just need wait for around 10 minutes and it will update automatically afterward. It works well for me.

Tyr.2469

Thank you for posting, but what I meant was that I takes very long until the Launcher is up. So I do not have an issue with downloading stuff but with the Launcher itself.

You could check with what speed you are downloading. Is the download speed for other downloads faster? [EDIT]I just saw that your download speed is incredible fast. So that shouldn’t be the problem.[/EDIT]
You should consider, that it will take a wee while to download GW2 as the application is around 13gb. ;-)

Posted by: shivster.8420

shivster.8420

I’m having a similar issue where the launcher is loading incredibly slowly for me. As in, I’m downloading about 8% every hour.

I should note that this is my very first attempt trying to play Guild Wars 2 EVER. So is this normal that the game takes overnight to load the first time playing?

I am using a macbook pro 13" mid 2012 laptop. I have an i7 processor, 750GB Hard Drive, and 8 GB RAM.

I have Mac OSX 10.8.2

Help! Tips? Advice? Comments?

I was having a similar problem when i first logged on to guild wars 2 but trust me, it will take time. I have the same laptop as you and it took me forever. I am not sure why but i think that it was my internet, Try run through you internet and make sure that it is running fine. If it is, then close all of your web browsers and other apps that use the internet (e.g Chrome, Skype, any other games that are running or downloads). If it is still not going faster than it is now, then i am not sure what is going on.

Tyr.2469

[…]I am not sure why but i think that it was my internet, […]

In the attachment of his post he showed a pic with his download speed. It’s at 1.89MB/sec so I don’t think that the internet is the problem here.

Posted by: Viid.6491

Viid.6491

I have the exact same issue. Before the update, it opened almost instantly, but ever since the update, it takes about a minute for the “login” button to appear.

Posted by: christdaugherty.1290

christdaugherty.1290

I continue to have this problem on Windows 7; when the launcher tries to load, the login button takes forever because whatever is loading in will often go right down to 0 KB/s. Often it comes up with a “Connection error detected. Retrying…” My suspicion is that this is due to heavy login numbers and not enough servers/routers. This likely seems a Anet problem which, until there are enough people unable to get on and complaining about it, will not be resolved.

Posted by: qualm like a bomb.6512

qualm like a bomb.6512

Yuppers pathcher still broken

Qualm – Commander
Grievance [GVNC] – Our drunken WvW is the kitten
Devona’s Rest – Forever Outnumbered & Kittened upon by Anet