Launcher not connecting

Launcher not connecting

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Varacolaci.2769

Varacolaci.2769

I just can’t log. the launcher just says downloading 0kbs (0kb/sec(). but i was playing 30 mins ago

Launcher not connecting

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I just can’t log. the launcher just says downloading 0kbs (0kb/sec(). but i was playing 30 mins ago

I think you will have better luck posting in the Tech Support sub-forum.

Launcher not connecting

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Some people have claimed to have resolved this by changing the language to French to complete the download and then back to English. I know it worked for some Mac users and I think I saw some PC users claim the same thing. I know it sounds weird but it seems to have worked for some people.

The Burninator

Launcher not connecting

Varacolaci.2769

ty but i can even change the language

Launcher not connecting

Varacolaci.2769

solved deleting 3 files. Local.dat & arenanet.log in documents/guildwars2 and crash.dmp in install folder

Launcher not connecting

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

solved deleting 3 files. Local.dat & arenanet.log in documents/guildwars2 and crash.dmp in install folder

For future reference, it was likely the local.dat file as the culprit. The log file and crash file presumably had nothing to do with the problem, however that local.dat file can be one menacing presence from what I hear sometimes.

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Launcher not connecting

Posted by: graywolf.1605

graywolf.1605

still not working any1 can help ?

Launcher not connecting

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

still not working any1 can help ?

I don’t really want to hijack this guy’s thread, but have you checked your firewall’s whitelist and made sure that the proper ports are open on your router for Guild Wars 2 to use?

Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Launcher not connecting

Posted by: Wraith.4103

Wraith.4103

Ok I found a way to work. At least worked for me. Here it goes:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Windows via shortcut
You can execute switches directly from your Guild Wars 2 shortcut:
1. Right click on your Guild Wars 2 shortcut and select ‘Properties’.
2. In the ‘Target Area’ field you will see the location of your Guild Wars 2 executable file: …\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe
3. Write the desired command line arguments after the quote marks, each beginning with a space: “…\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -perf -windowed

OR

Windows via start/run
If you don’t plan on using an argument frequently, it can be easier to use the Windows’ Run command for a single invocation.
1. Click the “Start” button
2. Select “Run” (not required for Windows 7)
3. Enter the path to the GW2.exe in quotes followed by the arguments you wish to use (same as above, but in a single line).
4. Press enter.

Adrian Faust – Human Mesmer
—-—Art Of Invasion [ART]——-
Gate of Madness

Launcher not connecting

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ok I found a way to work. At least worked for me. Here it goes:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Windows via shortcut
You can execute switches directly from your Guild Wars 2 shortcut:
1. Right click on your Guild Wars 2 shortcut and select ‘Properties’.
2. In the ‘Target Area’ field you will see the location of your Guild Wars 2 executable file: …\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe
3. Write the desired command line arguments after the quote marks, each beginning with a space: “…\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -perf -windowed

OR

Windows via start/run
If you don’t plan on using an argument frequently, it can be easier to use the Windows’ Run command for a single invocation.
1. Click the “Start” button
2. Select “Run” (not required for Windows 7)
3. Enter the path to the GW2.exe in quotes followed by the arguments you wish to use (same as above, but in a single line).
4. Press enter.

I don’t understand how telling people how to use command line switches will help? Perhaps you should list the switches they should use. -windowed doesn’t seem like something most people would want.

Chloe (Version 3):