Lions Arch, heats up video card.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

In all the zones and places I have been, Lions Arch really heats my GPU (560 Ti). That’s something being worked on? Or I have to deal with it. (72 celcius )

Other places its around 52 celcius.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Posted by: basketcase.3894

basketcase.3894

They can’t really work on the temps of your hardware. Hardware heats up when it’s heavily used, it isn’t the software’s fault (other than that it’s asking the hardware to work).

Advice for improving your temps depends a bit on your computer (Is it a laptop or deskop? Did you build it yourself or is it pre-built?) but the one huge thing you can do regardless is open it up and blow dust out. Make sure you get all the dust out of the heatsinks (especially the graphics card heatsink if it’s a desktop).

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

72 C is a reasonable temperature for a modern graphics card under load. I wouldn’t worry about it unless it starts hitting the high 80’s.

Posted by: Sartori.1962

Sartori.1962

In all the zones and places I have been, Lions Arch really heats my GPU (560 Ti). That’s something being worked on? Or I have to deal with it. (72 celcius )

Other places its around 52 celcius.

Hello

I have a 560ti also, and it does get in the lower 70’s in some area’s too. I have a good ventilated case, even have two side fans blowing on to the video card area. Its a Silverstone tower. The 560ti’s cooling isn’t the best as its exhausting heat out both ends of the card not just out the back. I’ve not had any issues at all running at those temps.

One thing, make sure you enable the fan curve option on your precision interface and adjust it so the curve pretty much heads up at at 45 degree angle. My fan percentage usually matches the Celsius temp.

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

I also have a similar card to the GTX 560 Ti and my temperatures are slightly under 80C under load as well. This is normal and you should really only worry if the temperature gets to 90C.

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]