Loading screens take AGES!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Wolfar.6508

Wolfar.6508

Hello,

I have been having issues with the loading screens. They really take a long time for me, the further I teleport, the longer it takes, obvious ofcourse. (2-5 minutes)

My computer doesn’t slow down while loading, I can do everything perfectly fine (Like browsing the web, do some simple games etc.) whitout any kind of slowdowns.. actually none!

Is this normal? Does everyone have such a long loading screen, because it doesn’t make sense when it doesn’t cost u anything more from your CPU.

Thank you.

Wolfineer.com - Everything Engineer!

Posted by: Army.5172

Army.5172

Same thing was happening to me also … alot of time waiting for loading … all changed when i bought my Samsung SSD 830 series … Queensdale town 10 sec loading , Lions Arch 12 – 13 sec and other places 2-3 sec ^^ hope it helps

QQ FTW >.>

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

Get an SSD… no I don’t have loading problems on any games. It takes 5-10sec per load.

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

Posted by: ZaxanRazor.6235

ZaxanRazor.6235

There are two things that can effect loading times;

HDD and connection quality to the game’s servers. I’ve noticed many times that when the servers are struggling you will get stuck on the loading screen for quite a lot longer than usual.

So, what drive is the game being played on, and are you experiencing any lag when playing the game?

Wolfar.6508

There are two things that can effect loading times;

HDD and connection quality to the game’s servers. I’ve noticed many times that when the servers are struggling you will get stuck on the loading screen for quite a lot longer than usual.

So, what drive is the game being played on, and are you experiencing any lag when playing the game?

That must be it, I have 2 Harddisks (That’s HDD right?) and It’s installed on the 2nd one. Not the main harddisk where I have windows on.

I got plenty of space tbh so I think it isn’t the fact my HDD is full or anything like that.
My connection is fine, I never experienced any lagg except when fighting Dragons but anyone complains bout lagg then.

ZaxanRazor.6235

What’s the speed of the HDD (yes, that’s the right abbreviation) in rpm? 7200 or 5400? It’ll be listed on your documentation that came with the PC.

Alternatively, you can download a program called Speccy that will tell you.

Wolfar.6508

What’s the speed of the HDD (yes, that’s the right abbreviation) in rpm? 7200 or 5400? It’ll be listed on your documentation that came with the PC.

Alternatively, you can download a program called Speccy that will tell you.

5400, think it counts for both?

It’s a Laptop, if that helps.

ZaxanRazor.6235

Ah – yes OK. It will be 5400rpm then and that’ll be why the loading times are a tad on the slow side.

It might also improve with a better internet connection too, but you’ll be limited by the HDD speed.

Wolfar.6508

Ah – yes OK. It will be 5400rpm then and that’ll be why the loading times are a tad on the slow side.

It might also improve with a better internet connection too, but you’ll be limited by the HDD speed.

Will cleaning up my HDD’s by removing unwanted files speed it up a little? Or won’t it be affected at all? I’m not getting new HDD’s just for a loading screen, find that a waste myself atleast.

ZaxanRazor.6235

The only thing you can really do is to make sure they’re not fragmented. Type “defrag” into the start menu.

Wolfar.6508

The only thing you can really do is to make sure they’re not fragmented. Type “defrag” into the start menu.

Meh, my Laptop gets defragmented daily so.. Well whatever, thanks for the help. I can wait that extra seconds, atleast now I know what the reason is.

Posted by: TheRealLink.3861

TheRealLink.3861

Yep. Defrag the drive or swap to a 7200 RPM HDD or pick up an SSD are about the only things you can do. Otherwise I’ve had my game seemingly get stuck on loading screens rarely when the game servers have been very busy.