Locking the thread won't change the truth Anet.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Archangel.1604

Archangel.1604

Unless the account servers at Anet were hacked then the fault of the “hacked” accounts falls ultimately on the person who is “hacked”

Why should the rest of us have to wait longer while you clean up their mess?

We all paid the same amount of money, in fact some of us paid a lot more with collectors editions (which I can’t register to my account), character slots and expanded storage. Why should those of us smart enough to not get our account “hacked” be treated like second class players and told sit down and shut up they’ll get to us when they feel like it.

Again, why should some people get less customer service than others? We all paid the same.

Posted by: thatoneguywtf.3172

thatoneguywtf.3172

I feel that if they’re going to ban the account for being “hacked,” then they need to be speedier with their replies to those who have been banned to be protected. If that makes any sense…

My account wasn’t hacked, I’m pretty sure of that, and I haven’t done anything to warrant a ban, but I still haven’t heard anything back since I’ve reported the problem, and I don’t have any idea if I’ll be able to get my account back, and when it will happen.

Posted by: Echo.7259

Echo.7259

As someone who was not hacked, I can say I support that choice to a degree. I mean, they want to get these accounts back to their proper owners BEFORE any real damage is dealt. Also, they had things taken from them, it might have been even arena net that was compromised, not them. I think your just frustrated at the slow ticket times like the rest of us.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

We have team members working on a lot of issues, from hacked accounts to linking issues to everything in between. The main focus is hacked accounts, it’s true, but the other issues are definitely on the radar as well.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Archangel.1604

Yes I’m frustrated. I’m also insulted that my money seems to be worth less than someone else who wasn’t smart enough to secure their account.

Posted by: Freyar.3254

Freyar.3254

I’m still just dazed about how many people were compromised. If I wasn’t, how did all these other people get hit? What did they do to fail in their responsibilities to secure their accounts? Using a compromised e-mail address? Did they use the same password for WoW, Steam Forums, EA, or Trion Worlds with their ArenaNet account? Did they choose to share their account or something?

Posted by: Peachie.1532

Peachie.1532

As someone who was not hacked, I can say I support that choice to a degree. I mean, they want to get these accounts back to their proper owners BEFORE any real damage is dealt. Also, they had things taken from them, it might have been even arena net that was compromised, not them. I think your just frustrated at the slow ticket times like the rest of us.

Thank you so much for your show of patience. But leaning towards supporting the priority given to hacked accounts really isn’t helping our own issues. I agree with the OP. We really shouldn’t have to pay for other people’s problems. To any Mod that reads this .. I do have a 3 day ticket instead of a 1 day.
120903-003125

Archangel.1604

We have team members working on a lot of issues, from hacked accounts to linking issues to everything in between. The main focus is hacked accounts, it’s true, but the other issues are definitely on the radar as well.

Is that why people are waiting a week for responses and you keep emphasizing “hacked accounts get priority”?

Actions speak louder than words.

Peachie.1532

I disagree with this statement .. Multiple times have you said
“The focus right now is on hacked accounts and other major issues. Linking issues are individual cases, and we do want to and will take care of them, but there may be a bit more time before the team can do so.”
which honestly implies that there aren’t anyone working on other issues

Posted by: tayet.9751

tayet.9751

my account was hacked
in 15 years of playing mmo’s this has never happened
my email and game password are not the same
my email was not hacked my game was
i have used countless different passwords over the years ( it is possible i have used the one i used for GW2 before)
i didnt click any links in my email about password changes in fact when i got an email about an attempted password change i opened a “submit question ticket” then
told Anet about it and yet i was still hacked

yet you wanna blame the players who CANNOT even log into their accounts for your delay in your problem being handled?

by the way I have been waiting 4 days now……but its my own fault…your right

Peachie.1532

my account was hacked
i have used countless different passwords over the years ( it is possible i have used the one i used for GW2 before)
i didnt click any links in my email about password changes in fact when i got an email about an attempted password change i opened a “submit question ticket” then

yet you wanna blame the players who CANNOT even log into their accounts for your delay in your problem being handled?

If that really is the case then A Net needs to send out a statement saying that they’ve been compromised. IS that what you are trying to say?

I said so earlier in a different post. Unless A Net has been compromised then it is your fault you got hacked someway somehow you just don’t know.

Most of us can’t log onto our accounts for other reasons rather than being hacked.

Archangel.1604

my account was hacked

Are you saying Anet was hacked?

That is the only other option if you are so adamant that it couldn’t possibly be your fault.

Posted by: Tyrraeth.7683

Tyrraeth.7683

Yes I’m frustrated. I’m also insulted that my money seems to be worth less than someone else who wasn’t smart enough to secure their account.

Okay, this pisses me off. Do you know anything at all about how people are getting hacked? Do you really think all these people are clicking phishing emails or using “1234” for their passwords? “Smart” has nothing to do with the hacking issue in a great many cases I’ve seen posted. I realize you’re angry – so am I – but your entire tone is insulting to everyone with an outstanding ticket atm.

Mods, can we get a lock? This isn’t going to end well.

Reference# 120828-00307
Date Created: 08/27/2012
RESOLVED 9/9, 3:32pm

Freyar.3254

The likelihood of a breach on ANet’s side isn’t particularly high. Even then, out of the eight years Blizzard’s been working, I only know of one major security breach that was a result of their security.

With how many Battle.net accounts get compromised, would you be willing to argue that a majority of accounts with them are compromised as a result of Blizzard’s security failures?

Posted by: Jungo the Not Racist Rappy.9830

Jungo the Not Racist Rappy.9830

my account was hacked

The problem is not priority being given to hacked accounts, it’s that no attention at all is seeming to be given to serial code issues that could be fixed in a very short amount of time.

They need to balance out the support team a bit more to work on different issues. Having more people work on one issue is fine, but when people with serial code issues have been waiting several days or more for their simple issue to be fixed, it creates the feeling that the problem is being completely ignored.

…Save Gaile’s noble attempts at reassuring us. I know you’re probably doing the best job you can, but we’re beginning to become impatient.

tayet.9751

my account was hacked

Are you saying Anet was hacked?

That is the only other option if you are so adamant that it couldn’t possibly be your fault.

I dont know who’s fault it is except I know its not mine…read the updates…they are restoring 2500+ hacked accounts daily……

Peachie.1532

Okay, this pisses me off. Do you know anything at all about how people are getting hacked? Do you really think all these people are clicking phishing emails or using “1234” for their passwords? “Smart” has nothing to do with the hacking issue in a great many cases I’ve seen posted. I realize you’re angry – so am I – but your entire tone is insulting to everyone with an outstanding ticket atm.

Calm down. You’ve been given priority over the rest of us LOL we’ll have to end up waiting long before your issue gets solved.

Archangel.1604

So, you’re also saying Anet was hacked?

That’s what all your self righteous bluster boils down to. I’m sorry if the truth wounds your ego. Nice of you to try to silence those you disagree with too.

Posted by: Rotn.5301

Rotn.5301

Archangel is obviously trying to troll/illicit a response with these moronic comments.

Tyrraeth.7683

Archangel is obviously trying to troll/illicit a response with these moronic comments.

Yep.

Mods?

Reference# 120828-00307

Peachie.1532

That’s what all your self righteous bluster boils down to. I’m sorry if the truth wounds your ego. Nice of you to try to silence those you disagree with too.

I agree, please stop trying to silence us. We have as much right to have our opinions voiced as others with hacked issues.

Posted by: Rotn.5301

Rotn.5301

I agree, please stop trying to silence us. We have as much right to have our opinions voiced as others with hacked issues.

tayet.9751

I dont want to down play anyones issue…but getting players back into the game who cannot log in is gonna be they’re top priority regardless

Archangel.1604

Really?

What moronic comments would that be?

You all are the ones claiming Anet was hacked because you can’t man up and accept responsibility for your own mistakes.

Even if you succeed in getting this thread locked it still won’t change the fact that YOU screwed up and YOU got your account “hacked”. I don’t care how ego bruising that is.

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

Opinions? You mean childish whining?

I’m waiting for items I payed money for. Don’t see me crying like a child.

Just wait yourkittenturn and find something constructive to do.

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

Peachie.1532

I dont want to down play anyones issue…but getting players back into the game who cannot log in is gonna be they’re top priority regardless

what you do not understand is that the other issues ARE players that can’t log in to their accounts
it is the same as hacked accounts where we cannot log in
I wouldn’t be wasting my time over say i lost 5 gold in a trading post transaction
i’d try to earn it back

Tyrraeth.7683

I’m not trying to silence anyone. What I was that to make a blanket statement to the effect that “the people who got hacked were stupid” is insulting and not in any way productive. You have every right to be heard – so long as you can defend your position and tone.

Reference# 120828-00307

Peachie.1532

I’m not trying to silence anyone. What I was that to make a blanket statement to the effect that “the people who got hacked were stupid” is insulting and not in any way productive. You have every right to be heard – so long as you can defend your position and tone.

You said “mods can we close the thread”

that is trying to silence someone

for those of us that are frustrated .. this is a place to vent off some of that anger but I am in no means being disrespectful or using any profanity that can be considered an offense to anyone. so just let me vent off some anger okay? I’ll be done soon and get back to studying
Sorry to everyone lol

(edited by Peachie.1532)

tayet.9751

By all means peachie I agree….but I was told earlier by someone who didnt get their GW1 reserved name that my issue was only 4 days old and his was 15 so I should shut up…maybe that comment is still to fresh in my mind…..I am talking about any issue that keeps legitimate players from logging into the game

Archangel.1604

Where did I say stupid? I said you made a mistake and you screwed up. Smart people make mistakes and screw up.

I personally had my WoW account “hacked” a year or two ago, it sucks. I’m not sure how they got it, my guess is I used the same logon info from a fan site.

The problem is some peoples egos can’t handle being told they made a mistake…or don’t want to admit it even to themselves.

Tyrraeth.7683

Fine, fine. Enjoy your thread.

Reference# 120828-00307

tayet.9751

10,000 people didnt make the same mistake in a 48 hour period Archangel……you can use logic …right?

Posted by: Qaletaqa Hania.9658

Qaletaqa Hania.9658

By all means peachie I agree….but I was told earlier by someone who didnt get their GW1 reserved name that my issue was only 4 days old and his was 15 so I should shut up…maybe that comment is still to fresh in my mind…..I am talking about any issue that keeps legitimate players from logging into the game

It was me that said “shut the hell up” and that “3 days is nothing”. Anyway you don’t know what my issue is, you only know it’s a linking issue.

(edited by Qaletaqa Hania.9658)

Peachie.1532

Fine, fine. Enjoy your thread.

thanks, I’m finished being angry and I can go back to waiting patiently again
it was nice that everyone refrained from going too far in this
thanks again

Archangel.1604

10,000 people didnt make the same mistake in a 48 hour period Archangel……you can use logic …right?

So you’re saying Anet was hacked?

All of you keep implying it, why don’t you man up and say it.

And yes 10,000 is easy when you consider “hackers” stockpile login info for when games launch.

Freyar.3254

When you have over one million sales before launch, ten thousand isn’t exactly that many people, and when you consider the vast number of other avenues for compromise, well.. the doubt becomes even bigger against a user.

The mistakes weren’t make in the same 48 hour periods. These mistakes were made at account creation.

tayet.9751

It was me that said to “shut the hell up” and that “3 days is nothing”. Anyway you don’t know what my issue is, you only know it’s a linking issue.

you can log into the game though
and i have read your previous posts it is about your name

and Archs is about his in game items

so go level and be happy

Archangel.1604

When you have over one million sales before launch, ten thousand isn’t exactly that many people, and when you consider the vast number of other avenues for compromise, well.. the doubt becomes even bigger against a user.

The mistakes weren’t make in the same 48 hour periods. These mistakes were made at account creation.

EXACTLY. A lot of people really don’t understand how this whole account stealing thing works.

Archangel.1604

It was me that said to “shut the hell up” and that “3 days is nothing”. Anyway you don’t know what my issue is, you only know it’s a linking issue.

so go level and be happy

I paid $90 more for those “in game items” Why should I have to take a backseat for the customer service I also paid for?

tayet.9751

how do we know the reason you didnt get your in game items isnt because of a mistake you made when submitting whatever you needed to submit?

Posted by: Qaletaqa Hania.9658

Qaletaqa Hania.9658

so go level and be happy

Read my posts again, you’ve read this right? :

I hope they don’t get freed anytime soon, ‘cause I haven’t been able to play ‘cause i’m still waiting on support. My ticket was made on 08/23/2012 and last response I got was on 08/31/2012.

Freeing up those names now would be a mistake imho.

Don’t draw conclusions if you don’t know what the ENTIRE issue is.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Ok, way, way over the top. You have the answer. Closed.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet