Logged out when I attempt to link accounts.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: FANY.6524

FANY.6524

EDIT: I’m not sure if this is considered a website bug or an account issue… :( I’m so sorry if this is in the wrong place!

I already submitted a support ticket for this issue, but I figure posting here and seeing if anyone else is having issues or has found a way around this wouldn’t hurt.

Whenever I try to link my GW account with my GW2 account I get logged out. I just go straight to the log in screen. No warnings, no errors.

I have double checked my information to make sure it was correct and even tried entering the e-mail associated with my NCSOFT account and trying a different password to see if it would have the same result. (It didn’t. I received a password error.)

My account name is still the @ncsoft one. Should I (and is there a way) to change that to an e-mail address? (When I remove the @ncsoft part it tells me to use an e-mail, but when I type the name properly it just logs me out – as stated.)

I’m kind of computer illiterate, so I’m not sure what else I should try/do. :(

(For those amazing people behind the scenes, my support ticket number is 387819.)

I also cannot actually sign into my GW account due to having forgotten my character names (I have e-mailed support), but I have – for sure, 100% – checked to make sure everything else was correct. Like, ten times.

EDIT#2: By “cannot actually sign into my GW account” I mean that I cannot sign in to the game. I can sign into my NCSOFT account just fine and see my account information/change my passwords/etc.

EDIT#3: Oh, man… I can’t post to the GW support forums because I don’t know my character names… :( Ouchiesss.

Ashe Walker
Prescribed [Rx]

(edited by FANY.6524)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

CS will assist you with these issues. Just have to wait for a response to your email. They can also help you change the email associated with your GW2 account. Once you link your GW and GW2 accounts, the email address will be used for both accounts.

Good luck.

Posted by: FANY.6524

FANY.6524

:) They managed to link my accounts. Not sure if others will still have this problem, but support was very helpful and prompt and got that all sorted out!

I’m still trying to figure out what to do about my GW1 issues (especially since I still haven’t received an e-mail from GW support and I can’t post to the forums due to the fact that you need a character name to do so). :( I’m sure things will be solved eventually, though.

Ashe Walker
Prescribed [Rx]

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

:) They managed to link my accounts. Not sure if others will still have this problem, but support was very helpful and prompt and got that all sorted out!

I’m still trying to figure out what to do about my GW1 issues (especially since I still haven’t received an e-mail from GW support and I can’t post to the forums due to the fact that you need a character name to do so). I’m sure things will be solved eventually, though.

Linking done, awesome.

But what kind of problem do you have with GW1? You could update your ticket (the one for linking) with the problem and maybe they can fix that for you too!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I am pretty sure GW2 CS takes care of GW1 support, so you should be able to address your issue with them. Good luck.