Login Client Won't Remember Password

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: SilentKyle.9862

SilentKyle.9862

The login client will not remember my account password even though the box is checked for it too. I know this isn’t that big an issue, but I have found it to be extremely annoying and can’t find a way to fix it. I ran the -repair command, but it did not fix it.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

There is a bug where the auto login doesn’t work. Try adding -autologin to your shortcut.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Be aware; the password field will always appear blank, even though the password is saved, and functions thus so.

Good luck.

Posted by: SilentKyle.9862

SilentKyle.9862

I don’t think that is the case in my situation, the password field really is blank and the login button is always grayed out.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I tried looking for other similar problems but nothing recent or similar enough to your situation showed up for me. You might try contacting support and see what they say.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The password field appears as ****** in gray if the password is saved.

As a small test, delete the file %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat and if it exists,
Documents/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat. This is where your saved login info is stored, along with a few other hardware-related settings.

After deleting those files, run Gw2.exe directly without using a shortcut. There should be a small download as the Local.dat file under %appdata% is recreated. Enter your email and password, check remember password, click login (don’t play) and then click the X button once you’ve successfully logged in to close the launcher. Run Gw2.exe again to see if your login was remembered.

If it didn’t remember it, try again by right clicking Gw2.exe and running it as an administrator.

If it still didn’t remember it, I would guess there’s a problem with how they store it and either your OS or email/password combo is the cause of the bug. You could try creating a new Windows user account (Control Panel > User Accounts) to ensure that your current Windows account isn’t bugged. You could also try running the launcher from safe mode.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Per above, my PW field appears as *, not blank….

There was another issue where it appeared the checkbox settings were glitched. Try:

• Uncheck the boxes
  • Type in credentials and log in.
  • Log out.
  • Type in credentials again
  • CHECK both boxes and log in.
  • Log out and test a 3rd time to see if credentials are being saved.

This procedure fixed my issue (but this was at least 6 months ago).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances