Lost 1000 guild influence points from building

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Hezkore.9568

Hezkore.9568

Me and my small guild “Sweden Mayhem” have worked our way up to a Guild Stash, and 22 hours ago we finally started building it, and now I login only to find that it’s no longer being built, it hasn’t been canceled and we’re still short 1000 influence points.

I have included a screenshot showing that we DID start building it and that it’s not finished and it’s not in the Build Queue either.

What happened?

Attachments:

Posted by: Azzras.8041

Azzras.8041

Me and my small guild “Sweden Mayhem” have worked our way up to a Guild Stash, and 22 hours ago we finally started building it, and now I login only to find that it’s no longer being built, it hasn’t been canceled and we’re still short 1000 influence points.

I have included a screenshot showing that we DID start building it and that it’s not finished and it’s not in the Build Queue either.

What happened?

This same exact thing happened to my guild over the weekend. I put in a in-game bug report, but I’m wondering if I should open a support ticket.

Influence is hard to get as a very small guild.

Hezkore.9568

Yes, we worked ourkitten off to get those influence points. :/

I really think we should be compensated for this, just give us 1000 more points and It’d be fine, wouldn’t cost ANet anything anyways.

This reminds me of when ANet banned loads of people for accidentally buying those weapons (even though that was ANet’s fault too) , this time it’s only ANet’s fault and we shouldn’t have to suffer for this one too.
(Yes I’m still a bit upset over that, even though I didn’t even get affected by it)

Posted by: Azzras.8041

Azzras.8041

Yes, we worked ourkitten off to get those influence points. :/

I really think we should be compensated for this, just give us 1000 more points and It’d be fine, wouldn’t cost ANet anything anyways.

This reminds me of when ANet banned loads of people for accidentally buying those weapons (even though that was ANet’s fault too) , this time it’s only ANet’s fault and we shouldn’t have to suffer for this one too.
(Yes I’m still a bit upset over that, even though I didn’t even get affected by it)

Update.

Looks like it was fixed and our upgrade is in progress. Nice!

Open a bug report in-game.

Hezkore.9568

Ok thanks Azzras, I have done this… Hoping it gets fixed soon! :S

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

I’m a guild leader and have encountered this numerous times with our guild. There’s a bug with the upgrades in your guild queue actually showing up. Rest assured that the upgrades are still in your queue and being built (and your influence is NOT lost!), they’re just not visible.

I suspect it has something to do with the guild represent bugs. There are times when I’m representing my guild, my main character “detaches” herself from the guild and isn’t representing anymore (yet my alts have no issues). Most indicators show as representing…I show as online and representing my guild and I can even view guild chat. But whenever I try to access make changes to the guild (view the upgrade queue, add new upgrades to the queue, change the MOTD) or access our guild vault, the system doesn’t recognize me as representing. I usually have to tinker around with relogging, switching characters, switching out of overflow maps and/or traveling to sPvP or WvW (toggling my represent guild button with each) to get it all working again. Whenever I notice I can’t view my guild’s upgrade queue, that’s an indication to me the nasty, evil represent bug has hit me again.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Hezkore.9568

This seems to be true Manoa, or some Admin added our Guild Bank back to the queue.
It’s completed now and all is well.

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

We lost our Architecture level 3 upgrade (5000 influence) when it had ~24 hours left to go.

I put in a bug report. Next day the upgrade was all complete. I do not know if it was just not displaying for that one day or if it was a fixed by a GM.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I’m a guild leader and have encountered this numerous times with our guild. There’s a bug with the upgrades in your guild queue actually showing up. Rest assured that the upgrades are still in your queue and being built (and your influence is NOT lost!), they’re just not visible.

Thank you for posting this, Manoa. It’s very helpful for guilds to learn about the experience of other guilds so we appreciate your sharing this!

In a general sense, I have a couple of emails to dev team members to ask them about guild issues like lost Influence and so forth. I hope we’ll have more info on that soon.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

We lost our Architecture level 3 upgrade (5000 influence) when it had ~24 hours left to go.

I put in a bug report. Next day the upgrade was all complete. I do not know if it was just not displaying for that one day or if it was a fixed by a GM.

It happened for every upgrade for me, but the disappearance wasn’t always of the same length. So, I get the feeling that basically the upgrade won’t always show up, depending of unknown factor, but is in fact always in production, and will reappear without external input.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

/shares with devs

:)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: cerulean moth.2743

cerulean moth.2743

This happened to the small guild I am in as well. It disappeared, but eventually showed up. Hope everything works out

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

It also has happened with my small guild but it would eventually reappear and finish. I hope it does for you. I stressed too about it but waited it out and saw it come back.

Posted by: Mystiq Angelic.8193

Mystiq Angelic.8193

I’m also experiencing this exact same issue with guild upgrade. At around 24 hours remaining in build queue for the guild vault, the upgrade status is no longer appearing. The influence didn’t get refunded and the guild vault build option becomes available again. Please let us know when there is an update to this issue, much appreciated.

“If you sacrifice nothing, you gain nothing”
GWAMM & CotG
[HERO] – Star Leader – Black Gate