Lost sound in WvW

Lost sound in WvW

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Charlie.5680

Charlie.5680

Hey guys,

I don’t know if anyone else have had this problem before.

It always happens to me in WvW, at a random moment my sound goes off and the only thing I can hear is a constant “metalic” ‘WOM WOM WOM WOM’ and no matter what I do I can’t seem to fix it.

All my drivers are up to date.

Lost sound in WvW

Posted by: Sabrus the Younger.7543

Sabrus the Younger.7543

This just happened to me. That was really bizarre. It sounds exactly as your described it. It sounds like a security alarm system. Have you had any luck?

Lost sound in WvW

Posted by: Lockeness.7931

Lockeness.7931

I happens to me every once in a while. It’s pretty bad. I would suggest you quit WvW immediately because myself as well as friends have had the game completely freeze almost to the point where data is corrupted.

Lost sound in WvW

Posted by: Feni.4306

Feni.4306

Yeah this happens to me whenever I get into very large assaults/defenses. As Locke mentioned I’ve also had the PC freeze up if I tried to keep playing after it glitched.

Warrior – RĂ­se[MoM]. Guardian – Ekria. Necro – Reimia. Engi – Feni Navi
Tarnished Coast.

Lost sound in WvW

Posted by: Taragashi.6174

Taragashi.6174

Happened to my as well.

Yesterday in WvW for 5 minutes with almost no players in sight and it happend the first time.
After a restart of GW2 and back into WvW, this weird Sound appeared again. – approx. 10 players on Screen.

A few days back, I played WvW and had absolutely no problems at all ( played for 3-4 hours) – I was in huge battles, with more then 60 people on the screen.

I did not changed any drivers or settings in this time!

It would be nice, to here something from the devs about this Issue. Sounds to me, it was Introduced with one of the recent updates!

Edit:
Software:
Windows 7 (64 bit)
Audio ( onboard ) Realtek ALC889 Codec – High Definition Audio
Driver Version: R2.70

I use this whole setup since the first Beta and never had a problem with it (WvW)

Hardware:
- Case: Overseer RX-I
- CPU: Intel i5 2500K@3.30GHz with an aftermarket Scythe Yasya SCYS-1000 120-mm-Tower-CPU-Cooler
- Mainboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UDH3-B3 Rev. 1.3
- GPU: ASUS EN GTX 570 DCII / 2DIS / 1280MD5
- Memory: 8 GByte Kingston HyperX blu – 1333 MHz ( PC3-10600 ) @ 1.5V
-Power Supply: 650W Super Flower Golden Green Pro 80+ Gold

I just played again some WvW with some huge battles, and this time I had no problems at all.

The Temperatures that Hwinfo64 measured ( WvW )
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/40489116/Temp.jpg

DxDiag:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/40489116/DxDiag.txt

(edited by Taragashi.6174)

Lost sound in WvW

Posted by: muslumgurseks.4951

muslumgurseks.4951

some system details wouldnt hurt post your specs… And the latest driver arent always the best. did you guys give a try to an older sound driver,? Also check your cpu temps and load most of sound issues comes from cpu if im not mistaken.

X99 Deluxe / i7 5820k @4.5 /980ti KPE @1550/ Rog Swift / 16gb DDR4 /Custom Loop

Lost sound in WvW

Posted by: Beso.6704

Beso.6704

i had this exact problem it always happens in WvW except for 1 time it happened in Claw of jormag fight , have yet to find a solution ot it except restarting the game

Lost sound in WvW

Posted by: Mario Lemieux.9107

Mario Lemieux.9107

Ok so this is the exact problem I had a few days ago, it has only happened twice since the release. It happened when I was in the middle of some crazy action, meaning minimum 30-50 players all around going crazy with AoE action and whatnot.

First thing, the sound seemed to have crashed and i got the “WOOWWW..OWWWWW…OWWWW” sound as described by the OP.

The first time this had happened, it was in an intense DE. The sound thing happened, and i just continued playing normally for like 30 minutes, no problem. Got annoyed, restarted the client, everything was back to normal.

The second time this happened, it was in WvW. Sound thing happened, and about no more than 30 seconds later, the game completely froze, and the sound changed to like a high-pitched glitchy yell. I had to do a hard restart on my PC.

Posted about it a few days ago, no answer. Wonder if it’s the sound drivers, or maybe even the CPU overheating because of all the action. Have kept tabs on my temps since then.

i5 3570k Quad-core @ 3.4ghz (stock)
EVGA 2.5GB GTX570 @ stock
8GB 1600 RAM

With all the real serious issues out there now, though, doubt this will be much of a concern for the devs…

Lost sound in WvW

Posted by: sirius.8614

sirius.8614

Had the same problem multiple times.

I suggest putting the sound to low quality in the game in WvWvW,it fixes it i think.not sure though,maybe i was just lucky that day.

Attachments:

Lost sound in WvW

Posted by: Smackjack.5071

Smackjack.5071

I just experienced this bug for the first time.

I usually sPvP or PVE and have been in WvW twice only so far. Just now i was on my char in the second area figting that huge jazz giant. More and more ppl came to it and at the end the sound popped and went WOM WOM WOM WOM.

It sound like it goes into some sort of infinite loop with too many audio channels active i suppose. (im on a Logitech G35 7.1 btw)

Besisdes that , The audio engine as a whole is far from bug free. I get audio stuttering and cut outs quite regularly as well.

Lost sound in WvW

Posted by: draeath.8536

draeath.8536

Known problem. They are trying to figure out what is causing it.

Lost sound in WvW

Posted by: AlienMagi.7102

AlienMagi.7102

Still happening, still unfixable. Gotta wait for another 40 minute queue I suppose…

Lost sound in WvW

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I have had this issue and most people say to set the audio settings back to default. I have done this and haven’t had an issue for a few days now. Lets hope that this works :P

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932