Low FPS

Low FPS

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: LunarStrikes.2753

LunarStrikes.2753

I’m kinda curious why my FPS is so low while my CPU and GPU aren’t pushing themselves to the limit. When doing world bosses and large events, I set Character Model Limit and Quality to Lowest. Doing that gives me around 20-30FPS with some drops here and there, and that’s fine. When doing something else like Fractals, Dungeons, or running around in LA, I put them back to Highest, which will give me around 40-50 FPS. However, neither my GPU or CPU ever seem to work harder than 70-80%. Why is that? I feel like if they’d work harder, I should get higher FPS.

Attachments:

Low FPS

Posted by: Tijgertje.7461

Tijgertje.7461

Your incombat, with max settings, tons of people, tons of partical effects, this seems to be normal for a dx9 game. Your Effect LOD is not disabled, eats ur frames, shadows eats frames. your playing at higher 3840×2160. I dont see a “low FPS”
Dungeons/Fractals is only 5 people, DS is ~50 people

Low FPS

Posted by: LunarStrikes.2753

LunarStrikes.2753

What you say is right, I didn’t really expect more FPS. What I’m curious about, is that I’m asking a lot from my PC, but the CPU is at like 70% and GPU even below 50%.

Low FPS

Posted by: Tijgertje.7461

Tijgertje.7461

Games dont run over more then 2 cores, Im quiete sure GW2 only runs over 1, and maybe 2.
I run with a i7 4790K and a GTX970, I reach 60 FPS, but run way lower settings. As long this game sticks with dx9 and aslong as games dont run over more then 2 cores, you wont get much better.
My friend runs on a server (dual LGA system) with 4x GTX Tesla, he has only 110 FPS on extreme settings, while other games give him 900-2000 FPS. But then he paid 20k usd for a pc