Low FPS, GTS250

Low FPS, GTS250

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Rutarisa.5423

Rutarisa.5423

hi, i read some forums that some people get good FPS for GTS250 card, while others get like 10fps… Im one of those sad people…

I attach my Game Booster report with all specs…

Soooo, I run GW2 with everything set on minimum, and I cant get more that 15fps… while I was playing, I had a look at CPU performance, and my CPU usage is 100% while GPU is waaaaayyyyy not that busy :o
is there something I can do to improve my game-play? as for now it feels like i’m playing free MMO with everything set on minimum and still not getting good fps…
is there a specific thing that causes this problem?
It it meant to be like that all together?

thanks in advance!

Low FPS, GTS250

Posted by: Stamen.9240

Stamen.9240

I have the same card, my FPS is about that maybe a little better but I am constantly crashing – maybe like once an hour or two.

I DID download the beta drivers and it’s not helped. Seems like it is happening in menus more than anything else, or during resurrection when lots of numbers are on the screen.

Any help on improved performance with this card is appreciated.

Low FPS, GTS250

Posted by: BobTheRob.4813

BobTheRob.4813

GPU isn’t the main issue imho, it’s your CPU.
Intel® Core™2 CPU 4400 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz

Old generation Dual-Core with only 2 GHz is the bottleneck here.

Low FPS, GTS250

Posted by: Anudieb.2450

Anudieb.2450

I think the problem is your cpu. and is because of it you are having this perfomance. gw 2 is very cpu intensive, so if you have the money upgrade your cpu.

Low FPS, GTS250

Posted by: WarlordR.2895

WarlordR.2895

My experiences:

Game runs more than fine on medium/high settings, averaging anywhere between 30 and 50 FPS depending on the amount of particle, lightning and other effects in a zone. Very densely populated zones however drop FPS to a solid 10… (primarily during large WvW battles).

CPU/GPU:
Q6600 2.4 GHz Quad-Core
ASUS GTS 250 (512 MB VRAM)

So yea, its definately your CPU that’s bottlenecking the rest of the system. If you can afford it I would recommend getting a new motherboard and a i5-series CPU (you can get both for no more than € 300,- total).