Low FPS PERFORMANCE

Low FPS PERFORMANCE

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: zondabmw.5490

zondabmw.5490

Hello everyone,
I am having issues with guildwars2 with my 2 crossfired XFX R9 270’s 2GB OC 1050mhz from 925. I barely get 25 – 35 FPS in most maps about the only ones i get FPS spikes are small areas in divinities reach and the outer boarders of the town. I havnt played guildwars 2 since the expansion, i just got back on. I used to have 2 XFX R7 260x in crossfire and they got 15 – 20 more FPS……… I know its not my cards nor is it my system because the only the that has changed was that i got newer and better cards. I can play BlackDesert Online, BattleField 4, Need for Speed Rivals, and Dirty Rally on Ultra 50 – 60FPS at 1080p…..

Computer Specs
AMD FX-9370 4.4Ghz Turbo 4.7Ghz 8 core
8GB Gskill Ares Cas 9 2133mhz
2 XFX R9 270s Crossfired OC 1050Mhz
2 Toshiba 120Gb = 240Gb SSD in raid 0
Gigabyte 990FX-Gaming Edition G1 with northbridge OC 2400Mhz

Also Note i have tried many different settings, Windows 10 Reinstalled and updated Drivers so on. Even tried 1 card vs the 2 cards still bad performance!

Low FPS PERFORMANCE

Posted by: DDHuynh.1756

DDHuynh.1756

Same issue unable to play this game with my r9-270x, I much use HD4400 instead

Low FPS PERFORMANCE

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Make sure both gpus are working at pcie 2.0 x16. And start disabling reflections, shadows and put Character Model Limit to “lowest” or “Low”.

The cpu is holding you so don’t expect to have decent performance. FX cpus have terrible single performance and Gw2 punishes them a lot.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

Low FPS PERFORMANCE

zondabmw.5490

I have done this. Also Ansau, i had perfect FPS on my other cards which used the same CPU. FX cpus have less single threaded performance compared to current I5 – I7 cpus, if you look at benchmarks they way out perform CPU that date from Core2 , 1st and some 2nd Gen Intel I series, I have a motherboard that works in 16x bandwidth isnt the issue. Its some newer Graphics cards in general it seems. I just used my older amd 6950 and nvidia GTX 460 and i get higher FPS on them than i do on my current GPU’s.

Its nothing to do with settings which as i stated before i tried all of them.

Low FPS PERFORMANCE

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Well, then it is surely an issue with your setup when having both 270 in crossfire. Neither the game has issues with newer gpus or crossfire.

Without screenshots of stuff like cpu-z, gpu-z temps monitoring and such there’s little we can do.
Try everything you can, both 32/64 bit clients, different drivers (use DDU to uninstall them), try every setting both ingame and in the driver, try all slots, try the gpus in another computer…

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

Low FPS PERFORMANCE

zondabmw.5490

ya i have tried all this as well, tried different modes like AFR, 1×1, and even profile defaults. My tems are around 60C, plus i dont have any problems in any other MMORPG, or game i play atm. I been playing mostly Black Desert Online which requires alot heavier specs and i get a smooth 60fps in crossfire.

About the only thing i can think of is to revert back to a driver a year ago or something. which i wont due because of the fact of newer AAA titles are more compatible with the newer drivers, example DX12, and newer DX11 Games

Low FPS PERFORMANCE

Posted by: CharmedWitchery.1750

CharmedWitchery.1750

I have the same issue and guys please don’t tell us it’s our pcs, because it’s not. Fps is dropping completely randomly without any reasons, I’ve been experiencing this problem since april update. Here I am doing the first path of hotw, the last boss, bam, 20 fps, slideshow. I relog and everything is fine, but I wish relog could always help. Sometimes nothing helps, like atm I have fine fps at heart of mists, then I switch to queensdale, fps drops, switch to any other location, fps still drops. It’s definitely something wrong with the game itself, not player’s setups.

Low FPS PERFORMANCE

zondabmw.5490

I submitted a ticket to Arenanet using the Game Advisor App just in case if they need to individually update the game on there end for all the hardware again. About the only thing we can do is report our findings to ArenaNet, AMD, and Nvidia Respectively to resolve this issue at least until we get a final say from ArenaNet with a patch.

Game Advisor:

To download Game Advisor, go here http://us.ncsoft.com/gameadvisor .
Save the file to your Desktop so you can access it easily. Please save the file before running it.
Double-click on the Game Advisor file and then click on the icon for Guild Wars 2.
Click on the “Test Computer and Connection” button and wait a few minutes for the test to complete.
Once the test finishes, a “Test Result” window will appear. This window will tell you where the diagnostic report is saved. Please attach this report file to your reply.

Low FPS PERFORMANCE

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

I have the same issue and guys please don’t tell us it’s our pcs, because it’s not. Fps is dropping completely randomly without any reasons, I’ve been experiencing this problem since april update. Here I am doing the first path of hotw, the last boss, bam, 20 fps, slideshow. I relog and everything is fine, but I wish relog could always help. Sometimes nothing helps, like atm I have fine fps at heart of mists, then I switch to queensdale, fps drops, switch to any other location, fps still drops. It’s definitely something wrong with the game itself, not player’s setups.

This makes me think your .dat file is damaged. Have you run a -repair against the launcher to verify the consistency of your DAT file to rule that out?

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Low FPS PERFORMANCE

Posted by: gypsydancer.5217

gypsydancer.5217

What worked for me:

Make sure vertical sync is unchecked
Set Shaders to High (and yes…I know this sounds crazy)

Good luck!

Low FPS PERFORMANCE

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

im starting to think Anet messed something up in the game’s structure at least on the AMD compatibility side because i used to run the game at 50 fps while multitasking with youtube and streams running and now my system is crawling and begging for mercy at 4-11 fps at Lowest settings just running the game
i ve even tried over clocking my gpu and cpu and nothing helped

i even fully re installed the game
maybe the 64 bit version broke?

(edited by Rezzet.3614)