Low FPS on fairly new PC

Low FPS on fairly new PC

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Dawsy.2309

Dawsy.2309

Hi All,

I could really use some help/advice. If there’s nothing I can do then fair enough.
So my PC is coming up to a year old and I’m getting pretty poor FPS in game as I always have in gw2. I get a stuttering and FPS drop when the camera turns all on medium settings.
In WvW I know I can’t expect much but on medium settings I can drop to 20 FPS even when there not skills being popped or another zerg about. My brother has a lower spec’d PC and in the same place he gets 30 FPS more than I do AND all settings on high.

I have reinstalled drivers a few times, I even tried over clocking my CPU with no change.

My specs:
I5 4670k
Gtx 780
8gb RAM
1TB HDD
Gigabyte g1 sniper mobo

Any help is appreciated, if you need anymore info, let me know.

Thanks.

Low FPS on fairly new PC

Posted by: MARKONINI.4153

MARKONINI.4153

I guess you probably saw this thread before.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/PC-FPS-and-Performance-based-issues/first#post338300

You could try to follow the steps of its second part ( the one for Nvidia cards).

You should really get a lot more then 20 fps out of those components, I hope you find whatever is slowing them down. GL !

Tinypaws / Tiny The Charrdian / Marko The Guardian

Guardian has no alternative :)

Low FPS on fairly new PC

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

What do you have running in the background while you play this could be your issue check the task manager. You may be do for a windows reinstall, reformatting and reinstalling Windows at least once a year is a must you will suprized as to how your system will run after a reformat and reinstall. then get all the latest drivers including the commonly forgotten motherboard chipset drives network card drivers and sound. Before you reinstall all your apps and programs just install the game see if the game runs better than it ever did. My system specs are almost identical to yours exept my video card is older and I’m getting on average 80 to 90 fps with in game setting on high to medium and rarely drops below 30 in large groups. The secret is don’t clog up your gaming system with a lot of junk software.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens