Low FPS (yes, another thread)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: SvenskNavi.9378

SvenskNavi.9378

Hey all. So, after having not played much in a while, I’ve booted up GW2 again and get greeted with! low FPS.. 10FPS on autodetect settings, 30 FPS on best performance. Previously with this computer, using autodetect settings, I was averaging 60-70, down to 40ish in large fights, and as high as 140-150 staring at a wall. Was there some sort of graphics overhaul or something that isn’t working right?

For specs info, running a 3570k i5 OC’d at 4.0ghz, GTX 650 Ti Boost, and 8GB ram.

Posted by: ciavyn.7964

ciavyn.7964

I’m wondering if that’s my issue, too, Svensk. I am having a graphic card issue with the lowest settings after a break during the change rollouts. I never looked at FPS prior, but I noticed an issue lately when I was trying to figure out how to fix my graphics.

Posted by: SvenskNavi.9378

SvenskNavi.9378

Yeah, I only ever really looked at mine when first playing on a computer to see what I was getting, but when it’s this bad, gotta look to see what’s up.. Unfortunately, at 10FPS, the game is unplayable and not making getting the expansion desirable.

Posted by: Phluxbomber.1862

Phluxbomber.1862

I’m running 8gbs ram, sapphire r9 270x 2gb and amd fx 6100 all stock. did auto detect and puts everything on all high and native setting with my res at 1400×900 and I get around 33-41 fps. when I use raptr to optimize for super sample and highest settings at that res I get around 14-21 fps and that’s standing still in town at both places. nothing running in the background defragged reg and drive. got the right placement of card and so forth. any tips?

Posted by: MrFayth.3546

MrFayth.3546

Don’t use Auto Detect and I, personally, wouldn’t use Raptr at all to “optimize”.

Try setting everything to high but turning down,

• Shadows- Medium would probably do best on your CPU+GPU
  • Reflections- Terrain and Sky or None,I normally use none even when my average FPS is +50 because it can cause some serious dips with quick camera movements.
  • Native Sampling
  • Uncheck Best Texture Filtering.
  • Character Quality and Max Characters- Medium

Dont expect a solid 60FPS in most areas, your CPU is holding GW2 back a lot, but that should be better since those are the heaviest performance impacting settings.

i5 4690k @4.1ghz, r7 260x 1180/1680,8Gb G.skill Ripjaw 2133, 120gb ssd Gw2+OS

Posted by: Amiron.1067

Amiron.1067

Don’t use Auto Detect and I, personally, wouldn’t use Raptr at all to “optimize”.

Try setting everything to high but turning down,

• Shadows- Medium would probably do best on your CPU+GPU
  • Reflections- Terrain and Sky or None,I normally use none even when my average FPS is +50 because it can cause some serious dips with quick camera movements.
  • Native Sampling
  • Uncheck Best Texture Filtering.
  • Character Quality and Max Characters- Medium

Dont expect a solid 60FPS in most areas, your CPU is holding GW2 back a lot, but that should be better since those are the heaviest performance impacting settings.

This guy has the right idea. All of these should help your FPS tremendously at the expense of minor appearance improvements.

Phluxbomber.1862

Thanks all for the quick reply ill try it right now and give you an update!

Phluxbomber.1862

okay so I tried it and I now get 36- 42 fps. I tinkered with the checking and unchecking the texture filtering and it only changed the fps about 3-5 fps not too much but I will leave off for now because not much notice difference on my monitor. But def more smoother. Seems the shadows had the killer and reflections from when I was playing around thank! and of course taking down the characters