Low fps, on a good computer help please!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Nexusgoat.6729

Nexusgoat.6729

Hello i really dont understand this, i’ve played guildwars2 like 3 months ago or so, on highest graphics, then i stopped for some time, now i would like to play again. But suddenly i only have 60 fps on lowest graphics, 30 on medium and 20 on highest. Really makes no sense at all. My battery power is running on full performance, ive tried to change the solution and stuff, but still low fps.

Here are my CPU speccs, compared to the minimum. As you see, it really, really, really shouldnt be a problem.. If anyone could help i would be grateful! :-).

CPU
Minimum: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or better
You Have: Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz

CPU Speed
Minimum: Info
You Have: 2.3 GHz

RAM
RAM
Minimum: 2 GB
You Have: 8.1 GB

OS
Minimum: Windows XP Service Pack 2 or better
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Video Card
Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (256 MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
You Have: GeForce GTX 670M

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required:
Icon Pixel Shader version 3.0
Icon Vertex Shader version 3.0
Icon Dedicated Video RAM 256 MB
You Have:
Icon Pixel Shader version 5.0
Icon Vertex Shader version 5.0
Icon Dedicated Video RAM 3.0 GB

Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: Realtek High Definition Audio

Free Disk Space
Free Disk Space
Minimum: 25 GB
You Have: 273.1 GB

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

laptops suck for playing modern games.

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

Posted by: HailtoReign.6403

HailtoReign.6403

I had this same problem pop up for me as well with 4FPS all of a sudden. I did some fooling around and realized windows 7 updated this morning and was the most likely to cause the problem. Updated my GPU and presto, fixed the low FPS. I suggest looking at your drivers and finding any possible updates like I did. Hope this helps!

Posted by: Shaterz.2703

Shaterz.2703

after dragon bash update my fps went from 40-50 down to 15-20. nothing changed on my part. and got friends with the same problem. so think its on anets end.
theyll prob get it fixed sooner or later

Posted by: Nexusgoat.6729

Nexusgoat.6729

Its probaly arena net, dont really know. Just as the game came out i could play it perfectly on highest graphics with 100 fps, but then for some reason when i came back 2 month later, i suddenly had the 10-20 fps. God kitten i hate this haha

Posted by: Shaterz.2703

Shaterz.2703

ive litteraly done nothing the past 2 days than trying to figure out what was wrong. games kinda unplayable like this :S which sucks

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Its probaly arena net, dont really know. Just as the game came out i could play it perfectly on highest graphics with 100 fps, but then for some reason when i came back 2 month later, i suddenly had the 10-20 fps. God kitten i hate this haha

If your OP was in WvW in a battle with 2 large zergs, those FPS you said were right in line with what you should expect. If its just open world PvE (not large dynamic events) then yes, there is a problem. I would first try installing the latest graphics drivers which can be found here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win8-win7-64bit-320.18-whql-driver.html

Just a reminder to everyone out there…the minimum specifications are there to let you know what hardware will actually launch the game, having hardware above this minimum does not guarantee you any good performance from the game. Although we expect it, we don’t always get it.

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

gw2 is very poorly optimized…and laptops are for work, not videogames

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

My system is considered a medium/low performance gaming PC and even higher spec systems have issues with the game. There is really nothing that you or anyone with the exception of Anet can do to make the game run better.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932