[MAC] Client not responding (new beta update)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: furious.1630

furious.1630

I have just updated my (Mid 2012) Macbook Pro with the Retina Display to system version 10.10.3 (14D87p) (as a developer I am entitled to beta updates). Everything on the system build works perfectly, maybe even better.
That is everything apart from Guild Wars 2. When I open the Guild Wars 2.app I get the updater as normal, except it is filled black instead of showing corresponding information (or buttons). Yet overall the game will not start, so I’m asking you to look into it, seeing as this update will be released soon.

I won’t bother you with my lack of log-in rewards or my failure to start the game seeing as it is blocked. Maybe this issue doesn’t have anything to do with the update but in my honest opinion I’d place a bet it does, I’m 80% certain.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.
Best regards.

Your customer furious.1630

P.S. the image is located in the attachments bellow and the beta update notice is here Apple Beta Release

Edit: One more thing I installed a new client and deleted the old – same problem persists.

Attachments:

(edited by furious.1630)

Posted by: haschbeutel.7548

haschbeutel.7548

Hi there,
same problem here.

Got the 10.10.3 (14D87p) Build for “Photo”-Testing. Since it worked before the beta update, I’m pretty sure it’s because of the new client build.

Posted by: James.3940

James.3940

Same machine, same problem since the 10.10.3 beta update. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
2.6GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, TB 3.6GHz
16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM

Posted by: Sylvette.8473

Sylvette.8473

Have the exact same problem. Best solution is to send a ticket to support, and I’m currently waiting for their reply

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

It appears to be a problem with games that use cider. EVE Online has pretty much the exact same issue (black boxes and weird textures where text boxes and interface elements should be).

If this is a cider and 10.10.3 driver issue I doubt Anet can do or tell us much as either the problem is on transgaming or apple (or both). Hopefully this gets sorted out before 10.10.3 goes live.

Edit: I’d say issue a bug report to Apple but I don’t know what priority cider games is for Apple.

Posted by: Sylvette.8473

Sylvette.8473

It’s not the 10.10.3 OSX. I have 10.8.2 OSX and it’s still not working for me.

Posted by: Trinca.6407

Trinca.6407

I’m with the same problema on a 10.10.2. It started happening since the last Gw2 update.

Posted by: Hollow.9758

Hollow.9758

This kind of stuff has been going on, off and on, for well over a year now. ANET needs to get on the MF ing ball and get on a kitten OpenGL client for Mac. I’m sick of this NONE beta cider port.

Get with it Anet, you have mac players. ACT LIKE IT!!!!

By Odins fine whiskers!
27-inch, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB, OS X 10.8.2

Posted by: James.3940

James.3940

It’s not the 10.10.3 OSX. I have 10.8.2 OSX and it’s still not working for me.

This is interesting because right before I updated to 10.10.3 I was playing then as soon as I rebooted with the update the client stopped working and just appeared as a black box.

15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
2.6GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, TB 3.6GHz
16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM

Nageth.5648

10.10.3 definitely is a cause because there are multiple people reporting this for several cider games. That doesn’t mean it is the only cause.

Posted by: redtapenfr.4307

redtapenfr.4307

I’m getting the same thing – but I’m pretty sure I was able to get the game to start downloading at least because I’ve been watching the activity monitor and I’m downloading a ton for “wineserver” and “Guild Wars 2”.

Any work arounds?

Posted by: danlam.9215

danlam.9215

I have the same problem. Played the game just fine yesterday, installed the new beta update 10.10.3 and now I have the black screen. If you know where the login and play buttons are you can get into the game. The mouse curser will change so you will know you are there. Once you’re in the game it’s a rather strange. I had anticipated that this would happen, so really I am not too surprised. You can still get on and play, collect dailies and what not, but prepare for a slightly different looking game. The map is very strange. The subtle differences are annoying enough to deter me from playing for long periods of time.

Attachments:

[HIRM]Widows Sons – Leader
[fist]Way of the Intercepting – Officer
PM for invite

(edited by danlam.9215)

Nageth.5648

Even before the 10.10.3 beta I was having difficulty with the map loading on 10.10.2 (it would half load, leaving me with a very low resolution minimap). They’re probably different problems, though.

Posted by: Nihilio.8291

Nihilio.8291

I had the same problem and it’s fixed for me in the latest beta build 10.10.3 (14D98g) which got released recently.