[MAC] New problem with graphics

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

The last few days I start to have this problem off and on. Even when graphics are all set lowest. This never happen until last few days. It happen sometimes a few minutes when I start play and sometimes after much more time. Mostly random. If I change render sample when this happen from subsample to native it fix the problem for a a little while. Then problem happen again and change back to subsample and it gets rid of it again. This happen over and over at different times in many different places. I don’t know what makes this happen now using same 2012 iMac and no problem until last few days.

Attachments:

;)

Posted by: ciavyn.7964

ciavyn.7964

Qugi—I updated my thread with what worked. Let me know if that helps.

Qugi.2653

Qugi—I updated my thread with what worked. Let me know if that helps.

Thank you I did that and still have problem. I give up. Found my old Windows 7. Made iso and install in boot camp. Download the GW2 windows client now. Will see if that fix problem and work better.

;)

Qugi.2653

No more bug Mac beta client for me. GW2 much better in bootcamp. I just did SB zerg on medium setting and had 30 FPS in zerg. Looks so much better too.

;)

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

No more bug Mac beta client for me. GW2 much better in bootcamp. I just did SB zerg on medium setting and had 30 FPS in zerg. Looks so much better too.

Welcome to the dark side.

Qugi.2653

Yes it is like I have a new GW2 game. Everything look so much better plus FPS that works. I suggest anyone with windows use boot camp. I only use it to play GW2 game so I am not worried about virus and stuff. I installed Avast anyway just to be safe.

;)

Posted by: Dany Little Star.2837

Dany Little Star.2837

Yes it is like I have a new GW2 game. Everything look so much better plus FPS that works. I suggest anyone with windows use boot camp. I only use it to play GW2 game so I am not worried about virus and stuff. I installed Avast anyway just to be safe.

How much Storage quota you assign for WIN + GW2? Is 50/60GB enough for only OS and GW2?
What version of Windows have you installed?

Qugi.2653

I installed windows 7. I think if you have a more new Mac you can only install windows 7 or higher. Can not use Vista or XP. There is a trick though when setup with boot camp. In boot camp there is option to download apple driver during set up. Problem is they did not work and cause install to fail. The trick is to download apple driver from website and use that instead. Instruction are on apple support page for how to.

I made 150 GB partition. I think you need about 25 GB for windows and then GW2 game right now is close to 25 GB also. But game will grow bigger with HoT. I think arena said minimum space for HoT is 35 GB. But the game will continue to grow bigger as more update. So lets say you need at least 60 GB but will mostly need more later. A problem is with boot camp I think once you make the partition size you can not make it bigger later if you need to. You have to start over remove partition and windows and set it up again with bigger partition. So I made extra 150 GB on mine but I have 1 TB hard drive so no worry. Hope this help.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I personally have Win7 installed via bootcamp with 100GB of space allocated. That’s enough for me to run GW2 and two other 20ishGB games (with 10GB left over). So Qugi is right, the OS needs around 25-30GB (windows 8 and 10 most likely need less), and then another 25-35 for GW2. 60 will be enough I believe.

Qugi.2653

Also in windows power setting I set to high and that increase my FPS 10 more.

;)