[MAC] No gemstore/tp/currency exchange

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: yacoob.9345

yacoob.9345

I’ve decided to come back to GW2 and see what has changed. I was happy to see that I have ~2k gems to spend… and unhappy to see that the gemstore window doesn’t seem to load. Upon opening, all you can see is the top menu bar, and a blank page. Switching tabs on the left, results in a loading indicator spinning, but no content ever comes up.

I’ve already nuked ~/Library/Application Support/Guild Wars 2 folder, but that didn’t improve things. Is this a known bug? I can’t find anything new, all problems like that are ~1y old, and “resolved themselves” as it seems :( I’ve also checked for any stray processed (wineserver, cookied, etc.) as mentioned in another thread – but there were none.

Help?

Attachments:

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

What if you nuke the folder, then restart your computer, and then boot the game and gem store. I recall a long time ago some issue with the gem store not working through multiple sessions, so perhaps the computer needs to be restarted, or at least logged out of, in order for the wipe to take proper effect? Probably won’t work but worth a try.

yacoob.9345

No difference whatsoever.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

There’s a support document (in the support section of the GW2 website, not the forums) that references which ports you need open on your router – it may be that whatever port the TP uses is blocked? If you have firewall turned on in your OSX settings you could try turning that off. And also, what version of OSX are you running?

I’d recommend sending a support ticket about this. The staff should have more of an idea what could be causing this.

yacoob.9345

For anyone dealing with similar problem: deleting ~/Library/Caches/com.transgaming.guildwars2
helped.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

For anyone dealing with similar problem: deleting ~/Library/Caches/com.transgaming.guildwars2
helped.

I tried this and it worked for me too. Thank you.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Hollow.9758

Hollow.9758

sense the mac beta still isn’t native. I don’t plan on buying HoT. ANet, why don’t you give use WHAT YOU SAID YOU HAD IN THE FIRST PLACE. Give mac users a NATIVE, BETA CLIENT!!

By Odins fine whiskers!
27-inch, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB, OS X 10.8.2

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

sense the mac beta still isn’t native. I don’t plan on buying HoT. ANet, why don’t you give use WHAT YOU SAID YOU HAD IN THE FIRST PLACE. Give mac users a NATIVE, BETA CLIENT!!

I have not ever see where arena net say they will make a native mac client. I don’t think they ever say they will make one. I think they make beta client just to sell game to mac player and not care after that. I give up on broken mac beta client. It make me so mad with terrible fps and other problem. I now use boot camp Windows and it is so much better. It is like a new game.

;)