[MAC] The Reason of All Graphics Problems

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Talek.6795

Talek.6795

Good day Chaps, good day Anet!

I randomly decided to see yesterday how is my Integrated GPU will run GW2 and what fps drop i will have. The result was …see What a Twist pic attached!

Integrated Video provides more FPS, it is more stable – i tried to run in zerg at EB and it was incredible experience: no FPS drops, no glitches, i could turning around without any hint on FPS drop.

I tried to tweak config file and work with it but the most stable and good FPS was with Default file.

I also noticed, that when i play with Nvidia GPU it is almost not using any resources for the game. Even the temperature of Nvidia chip is like i am doing nothing special. I guess we have these glitches (see attached file) cos of this issue. Integrated Video doesn’t provide any type of glitches or something else.

Anet, please find attached all files for your investigation of the problem. How can we make our Discrete GPU Works? You will solve a lot of problems with MAC users solving this.

These things were tested on the same laptop of my gf. She has 1 to 1 the same results.

Every person playing on MAC i spoke yesterday was superexcited about this news.

I am looking forward to hear any news on this.

Cheers,
Talek

Attachments:

Talék

Posted by: wimanya.3410

wimanya.3410

did the same thing with changing gpu. my mac is a bit older ( early 2011) but still there was a difference between them ( smth like 30 fps in mists ( integrated) and 20 pfs ( discrete))
p.s – 30 and 20 fps on lowest settings >.> pls anet do smth with that, in wvw maps my fps drops to 3-5

Attachments:

(edited by wimanya.3410)

Posted by: Arizona.7315

Arizona.7315

Hello, i do have the same issues. +1 to topic starter. Please solve this problem

Attachments:

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

This sounds more like a Nvidia driver issue then an Anet issue. If the game works better with the iGPU then your dedicated, then your Dedicated is lacking support for the game.

That is going to be a driver level issue.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Talek.6795

These issues happen only in GW2, also wimanya has AMD Video Chip and the same trouble.

Small update: i played on iGPU for 2 days and didn’t see any of screen glitches like i mentioned in my first post.

Anet please repair the client, everyone on MAC could play with better experience.

Talék

(edited by Talek.6795)

ikereid.4637

These issues happen only in GW2, also wimanya has AMD Video Chip and the same trouble.

Small update: i played on iGPU for 2 days and didn’t see any of screen glitches like i mentioned in my first post.

Anet please repair the client, everyone on MAC could play with better experience.

Doesn’t matter if its Nvidia or AMD. Its going to be a driver support issue. I HIGHLY suggest investigating that you guys are running the latest stable GPU drivers for your MACs.

Posted by: JRM.6218

JRM.6218

Sure. “The team is working on it”. XD

Talek.6795

Doesn’t matter if its Nvidia or AMD. Its going to be a driver support issue. I HIGHLY suggest investigating that you guys are running the latest stable GPU drivers for your MACs.

I have the latest version of Nvidia software for my OS.

Talék

Posted by: Arizona.7315

Arizona.7315

Sure. “The team is working on it”. XD

The more guys with test it and confirm the same, the more chances for us to get an update. All i want they check if gw2 client eats discrete GPU resources correctly.

ikereid.4637

Provided from Nvidia.com or from the Mac driver website?

Talek.6795

This is not an issue. Nvidia supplies their drivers directly to Apple and you can find them only using Apple Software Update system. So the drivers are correct. We use the latest stable version of drivers for sure.

Talék

(edited by Talek.6795)

Posted by: wimanya.3410

wimanya.3410

im running the latest version of mac, pretty sure that it includes the latest drivers

Talek.6795

thanks for the answer, we are still waiting for any feedback from players and Arena Net office

Talék

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I suggest you open a ticket as there is no guarantee anyone from Anet will respond to this thread.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

apple write their own graphic stack for osx.

http://blog.gameagent.com/apple-influencing-development-mac-games/

aspyr as been complaining about it for a pretty long time.

Talek.6795

Thanks for the info loseridoit
Just to make a note: all games, except GW2, i play using Nvidia GPU heat GPU at least more than 65+, while in GW2 it is cold as non-used

Brother Grimm: good idea actually, i will open the ticket today and keep this thread updated

Talék