[Mac] Windowed full-screen

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Dizz.5230

Dizz.5230

Really need windowed full-screen on Mac client.

I have 2 monitors to play GW2 and check website etc at the same time. On Mac client, it only have windowed and full-screen to choose.

Full-screen will make my second monitor turn into black and have to minimize GW2 to do other things. Windowed is not brilliant, can’t really see every thing under windowed screen.

I know there is not much people using Mac to play games and most people will tell me buy a PC to play GW2, but there is a Mac client and I only have Mac.

(edited by Dizz.5230)

Posted by: Deluxe.8372

Deluxe.8372

Use Bootcamp. Sry to say, but the Ciderport “Mac Client” is … errm … is … ,
… let’s stay polite and call it stepchild.

Posted by: Archranis.2375

Archranis.2375

I’m not running Yosemite, so I haven’t been able to verify this, but this article may help (although it doesn’t do specifically what you’re asking, it may be close enough):

https://www.reddit.com/r/osx/comments/2kkwb9/yosemite_multi_monitor_fullscreen_mode_all_other/

[JUGs] Just Us Grownups — http://jugs-guild.com
Contacts: Archranis.2375 // Neksis Syxx.6983

Posted by: Fitz Fallstar.8267

Fitz Fallstar.8267

This doesn’t fix it sadly…. I’m still looking for a solution as well. My bootcamp partition doesn’t have anywhere near enough space to install guild wars 2 on it. This is… amateur hour.

Dizz.5230

Use Bootcamp. Sry to say, but the Ciderport “Mac Client” is … errm … is … ,
… let’s stay polite and call it stepchild.

Yes, Bootcamp is the only solution for now as I know too.

But I switch on Mac because I had quite enough of Microsoft Windows. I’m not saying it’s a bad OS, but I just don’t like it. It took me 10+ years to consider should I switch to Mac as everybody know Mac is more expensive then build a PC by yourself. Last year I bought my first Mac and I am so happy to switch on Mac. So I don’t want to go back to Windows again.

And thanks for your advise.

Dizz.5230

I’m not running Yosemite, so I haven’t been able to verify this, but this article may help (although it doesn’t do specifically what you’re asking, it may be close enough):

https://www.reddit.com/r/osx/comments/2kkwb9/yosemite_multi_monitor_fullscreen_mode_all_other/

That’s not what I am asking. But thank you.

I’m a Taiwanese and my English is not good to explain what I am asking, sorry about that.

I think Heroes of the Storm is open Beta now, you can just go and try the Display Mode in Options. maybe it’s easier to know what I am trying to tell. Try those 3 display mode and you will know the difference.

Attachments:

Posted by: Deluxe.8372

Deluxe.8372

Yes, Bootcamp is the only solution for now as I know too.

But I switch on Mac because I had quite enough of Microsoft Windows. I’m not saying it’s a bad OS, but I just don’t like it. It took me 10+ years to consider should I switch to Mac as everybody know Mac is more expensive then build a PC by yourself. Last year I bought my first Mac and I am so happy to switch on Mac. So I don’t want to go back to Windows again.

And thanks for your advise.

I fully agree with you, i love my Mac too. I’m running bootcamp only for playing
gw2 … i wish Anet will publish a native client someday in far far far .. far future.