[Mac] With Metal being on Mac...

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Hollow.9758

Hollow.9758

Is there any way in hell that, with apple bringing Metal to the OS X that ANet will actually start working on a native game client for the Mac?
I know this is extremely far fetched as the Mac users have been utterly ignored for the most part.

By Odins fine whiskers!
27-inch, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB, OS X 10.8.2

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

It’s not likely. Arenanet haven’t made a native client because it would require the hiring of staff who actually have the ability to do so and it would require them to simultaneously manage a game in DirectX and OpenGL. They’re probably decided that it is far more financially viable for them to use a Cider port so that they don’t really have to do anything on the OSX client…

Hollow.9758

ANet! YOUR UPDATE nearly broke my kitten computer! This is getting passed a GODkitten joke! You need to stop pushing updates that possibly kittenING BREAK people computers. Just because i’m on a mac doesn’t mean I shouldn’t be able to play games. This is just pathetic!

By Odins fine whiskers!
27-inch, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB, OS X 10.8.2

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

It’s not likely. Arenanet haven’t made a native client because it would require the hiring of staff who actually have the ability to do so and it would require them to simultaneously manage a game in DirectX and OpenGL. They’re probably decided that it is far more financially viable for them to use a Cider port so that they don’t really have to do anything on the OSX client…

well, here I was hoping they would write a vulkan renderer.

If they do, I can get native performance on linux without the entire port. WINE is nice these days.

Hollow.9758

well, here I was hoping they would write a vulkan renderer.

If they do, I can get native performance on linux without the entire port. WINE is nice these days.

good luck with that

By Odins fine whiskers!

Hollow.9758

would be nice to hear, any word, at all. But we are just expected to play a ‘beta’ that’s a cider port. That’s not a beta.

By Odins fine whiskers!