[Mac] Zoom w/ mouse scroll wheel wont work

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: izari.8203

izari.8203

Q:

Right now I have some keybinds to zoom in and out but it’s very limited. I was curious if there’s a way to re-bind the mouse scroll wheel to be the main zoom?

So far it’s the only functionality between oSX and Windows that I’m struggling with.

[ZoS ] – Northern Shiverpeaks
www.izziebytes.net | @izziebot

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

A:

Yeah, back when we had a Mac forum, we had stickies that outlined a bunch of things you needed to do, such as remove badly thought out default behavior in the settings.

Essentially, go into the settings, scroll down and disable the mac beta features. I have no clue why they’re enabled by default.

(Seriously, Anet, if we don’t have a Mac sticky anymore please remove this default setting. It is the cause of much confusion for new Mac players.)

Attachments:

(edited by Nageth.5648)

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

To be fair that setting is kind of awesome if you’re using a trackpad though. But I agree it shouldn’t be turned on by default because people don’t realise that its a game setting purposefully causing it.

Posted by: izari.8203

izari.8203

Yeah, back when we had a Mac forum, we had stickies that outlined a bunch of things you needed to do, such as remove badly thought out default behavior in the settings.

Essentially, go into the settings, scroll down and disable the mac beta features. I have no clue why they’re enabled by default.

(Seriously, Anet, if we don’t have a Mac sticky anymore please remove this default setting. It is the cause of much confusion for new Mac players.)

Thank you SO much.

Do you think it might be worth maybe starting a subreddit for GW2 Mac players to re-purpose those old guides?

I’m wondering how to try and revive that.

To be fair that setting is kind of awesome if you’re using a trackpad though. But I agree it shouldn’t be turned on by default because people don’t realise that its a game setting purposefully causing it.

Haha, i thought trying to photo edit / draw with a trackpad was hardcore. This is the true test of mettle.

[ZoS ] – Northern Shiverpeaks
www.izziebytes.net | @izziebot

FlamingFoxx.1305

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Yeah, I know the information is there but we really do need something much more visible. I just don’t understand the logic of removing the mac forum because they could put up all these stickies without clogging up the top of the general support page.

Also, I don’t disagree with the feature existing, just the default behavior (since this is pretty much the only game I’ve seen with such a feature).

FlamingFoxx.1305

I agree, it’s incredibly crazy that they moved sticky pages into a thread of their own. A lot of people won’t even know what a “sticky thread” is or that it might contain mac info inside of it… at the bottom of the thread… It’s just a really bad move.

They obviously did it to clear up space in the tech support forum, but theoretically having those sticky threads ACTUALLY being there at the top would remove the need for so many people to post because they would be able to find the answers to solving their problems.