Mac not launching

Mac not launching

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Melissa.5790

Melissa.5790

Q:

I purchased the game today with the preorder, and shortly after was booted from the game without an error message and since have not been able to launch the game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice as well as contacted support and gone through their first two meager attempts at repair. The dot will appear below the icon and nothing appears. No login information, no window, literally nothing.

Help? I am becoming increasingly frustrated

Mac not launching

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

If you haven’t already tried this, it’s your best bet:
you can try to delete the contents of the gw2 data folder, it’s a pain to get to the right one: this step is a general fix for many tp and graphics issues, even without the previous steps however, it will lose all saved log in/password and in-game settings.
To access this:
1 Click on the “Finder” icon located in your dock or the desktop of your computer to make “Finder” the active program in the finder menu bar.
2 Hold down the “Option” key on your keyboard while clicking “Go” in the finder menu bar. A drop-down will appear.
3 While still holding down the “Option” key, click on “Library” in the “Go” drop-down.
4 Once in the Library folder click on Application Support > Guild Wars 2
5 Move the entire Guild Wars 2 folder to the trash and then empty the trash.
The next time you launch Guild Wars 2 it will recreate the recently deleted folder.