Macro with no advantage granting.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: blackman.8496

blackman.8496

Q:

With the new released HoT, it has been discovered that you can gain quick exp using boosters and going the the dungeon Citadel of Flame to farm infinite spawning minions, and ANet has said they are fine with this. I was wondering what the rules on non-advantage granting macros are. I have pain in my left hand (sorry to play this card :<) and a razor keyboard. I want to get it to just push ‘1’ every 2 seconds while I do normal things, such as move and pop more spawns. Is this allowed if I use this macro every couple of minutes to relieve the pain in my hand?

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Just turn on action combat and wrap a rubber band around your left mouse button

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

The general macro policy is and has always been 1 button = 1 action. However, I can see how this could fall into a grey area of botting. I would comb through the ToS for a relevant lead, and wait for a response from dev.

blackman.8496

I’m looking specifically at the ruling on the instruments. It seems the policy is enforced when you gain an advantage or having it do things for you that require you to do nothing for it to function.

blackman.8496

Of course, I can see if ANet says no and I’ve been a player since the original beta, and I’m more than happy to comply with ANet’s rulings. It’s just my hands cramp easily and right now mindless farming is king.

Edit: Oof, english.

(edited by blackman.8496)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

And I can see a nerf coming for this CoF “exploit” to level masteries. And that’s the subtle option. The most extreme I would imagine is a time out and loss of mastery levels obtained by this method.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

And I can see a nerf coming for this CoF “exploit” to level masteries. And that’s the subtle option. The most extreme I would imagine is a time out and loss of mastery levels obtained by this method.

There has already been a Twitter post by Anet to this question, short and simple is that it appears to be legit. I’m to lazy to link but look in the “HOT” sub-forum for the topic.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Is-farming-CoF-braziers-for-XP-bannable/first#post5657176

(edited by Gator.5729)