Mailing alot of gold to a friend.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Dragsooth.4071

Dragsooth.4071

Hi, I was wondering if it’s okay for me to mail my boyfriend 200 gold, so they can get the Golden title and have them send it back to me. I know my boyfriend in person, I am not concerned about being scammed. I have worked hard for my gold and even spent ALOT of money on gems for most of it. I believe I have every right to send it to whoever I want as long as I’m not selling it.

:3

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

You can do it. Just be aware that either of you might get banned for gold selling/buying and will then have to contact support to be reinstated. It wouldn’t hurt to first have a conversation in chat saying what you are doing, screenshotting it, and sending that in if needed.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Indeed, It is no problem sending bigger amounts of money to a friend, but you have to realise your accounts are going to be flagged suspiccious. This means a GM will look what you where doing. So in chat and in the mail it is important that the reason and your relation is visable. Being on eachothers friendslists helps a lot as well.

Also keep in mind that new accounts are limited in the amount of money and values you can recieve. This limit is lifted over time

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Dragsooth.4071

I get all this, the thing I am most concerned about is WHY I’m sending it. I don’t want to be banned for giving my boyfriend the Golden title, knowing himself that he might never achieve this feat because of lack of free time.

Posted by: Zoulol.1960

Zoulol.1960

I suggest using a guild bank to transfer money to him, if you have access to depositing and withdrawals. Then use it to send it back. Easiest way to avoid the entire hassle of mailing and worrying about being banned for no reason.

Dragsooth.4071

I suggest using a guild bank to transfer money to him, if you have access to depositing and withdrawals. Then use it to send it back. Easiest way to avoid the entire hassle of mailing and worrying about being banned for no reason.

I run a guild of 140+ members, I don’t want someone unintended to take my hard earned gold :C

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I get all this, the thing I am most concerned about is WHY I’m sending it. I don’t want to be banned for giving my boyfriend the Golden title, knowing himself that he might never achieve this feat because of lack of free time.

Like you said you aren’t doing something wrong and you should be able to do it. The worse that can happen is that the GM that is reviewing it makes a mistake. but with a ticket afterwards you will get unbanned. Besides that if you make it easy by following the advise I gave I have never heard of any problems.

A guildvault is very unsafe to do this compared to an e-mail and I would strongly not suggest using an unsafe method out of fear for a ban. Make very clear in the mails what you are doing and it should be no problem at all.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

It’s highly unusual for someone to get flagged in this manner. I think you’re just fine because you won’t match the 20+ other parameters that make someone appear to be a bot.

If you have an issue, just contact Support and the team will help you. You can read through the Knowledge Base on that link, and you can submit a ticket via the “Ask a Question” tab on that page.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Zen.2450

Zen.2450

I would like to add that my friend just did this and got banned by the system.

http://www.overclock.net/t/816771/official-guild-wars-2-discussion-video-screenshot-thread/9020_20#post_19851061

Please help him whenever you can (he sent in a support ticket so it should be soon)

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Hello, my boyfriend just got banned for being “engaged or assisted in gold or item sales for real-world money”. Which he hasn’t done. he’s been working on his twilight and has been receiving alot of assistance from friends and myself to make it happen. He received about 6 to 8 mails with materials and the such before he was perma banned. Before this, he couldn’t decide what legendary he wanted and a friend of mine sent him an incinerator which he decided he didn’t want so he sent it back. My friend sold the incinerator and bought dusk for him which he then sent him.

There are boat loads of chat logs that anyone could probably look at and say, hey, ok that’s what’s going on.. but I guess he met the ‘20 or so parameters’ for an automatic ban.

He sent in a support ticket and I really hope that someone will actually look at the account >_< He’s put alota time into working on his legendary and so have I and our friends.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: ShadyNZL.9018

ShadyNZL.9018

@Swiftpaw – No doubt he’ll get reviewed and his account activated again…just need to sit tight – but I can appreciate how frustrating it is…

Makes you wonder about those 20+ parameters….seems like it would be pretty hard to meet all of those as a human controlled character.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I think Gaile made a mistake. We’re talking about getting banned for RMT transactions, not botting. So while there really may be 20 or so parameters for a bot, it may be different for RMT.

Though we should give her a break if it was a mistake. She’s in Europe on a nice, well deserved vacation. Having her post while she travels shows her commitment to this community.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I got a ban, which I think was for “gold selling/buying”. I don’t know exactly what for because I was never told and it was reversed after 27 hours, but I had traded gold with 2 other guild members to get the Golden title. Since I doubt I met any other parameters, there must be only one parameter for RMT suspensions. That saying, if you do get a ban and you appeal then I wouldn’t expect any problems getting your account reinstated.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)