Massive Character Visual Bug

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mirn.4672

Mirn.4672

Hello fellow adventurers, I am in need of assistance!

Yesterday I purchased a new computer from an IT guy with the following specs:

(I’m not a computer expert, so I just write down what was specificied in Windows System)
Intel Quad Q9550 CPU @ 2.83 ghz.
6 GB of working memory
64-bit Windows 7
AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series video card

And I am encountering the following problem:

I played on Lowest, Recommended and Highest settings, with 60 FPS on Lowest and a stable 40 FPS on Highest settings, and everything looks great – except ALL NPC’s, mobs, my own characters, and stuff like waypoint portals are having a massive visual bug, I can’t even describe it, it looks like the characters are being shot with 100 bit-spears all the time. The bugged parts are clipping heavily. You can imagine it’s pretty annoying to play like this. I checked the video card drivers, and they are updated to the latest drivers.

I also thought it was my screen, but I tested the screen on my laptop playing GW2 and no such visual bugs were displayed.

Please help a fellow adventurer, PC masters!

I’ll attach a screenshot so you guys know what I am talking about.

Attachments:

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can try a -repair of the client, in case of corrupted file(s).

Top/Bottom of Page – Support – Search (Repair)

Good luck.

Mirn.4672

Thank you for the reply, I tried it and unfortunately the problem still persists. I hope Support can help me out here. Maybe it’s a GPU problem but I’m not sure.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Does the effect happen regardless of graphics settings? Try turning everything to lowest and see if the tearing still happens?

My biggest suggestion – download the latest version of the AMD catalyst software and update your drivers. Also make sure that you don’t have any custom settings in Catalyst, if you do it may be interfering with GW2 and causing issues (open Catalyst and set everything back to default, then see if the issue persists).

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you desire assistance from the Tech CS Team, you can contact them via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Submit a Request’.

Good luck.

Mirn.4672

I’m having it at all settings, I tried tuning different things up and down, redownloading drivers, and setting them to original settings etc. I’ve got the guy from whom I bought the PC coming on Monday to check the problem and hopefully fix it, I’ll keep you guys updated and if that don’t work I’ll contact support.Thanks for the help so far!

FlamingFoxx.1305

I’m having it at all settings, I tried tuning different things up and down, redownloading drivers, and setting them to original settings etc. I’ve got the guy from whom I bought the PC coming on Monday to check the problem and hopefully fix it, I’ll keep you guys updated and if that don’t work I’ll contact support.Thanks for the help so far!

I would actually suggest that you contact support NOW. There’s a chance they will know exactly what is causing it straight away. Maybe they wont, but there is no sense in waiting before contacting them.

Mirn.4672

Hello all, thanks alot for your suggestions, the guy from whom I bought the PC has fixed the problem by replacing my GPU and the problem no longer persists! Thanks again for your help.

FlamingFoxx.1305

Great to hear that he fixed it! I hope at no cost!