Massive Lag/Disconnects/Error Code=7:11:3:189:101

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

Since laugh, guild wars has been running perfectly smoothly. Nice fps, no server lag. Then, as of yesterday I started having crazy lag – things would freeze and resume 2 minutes later, abilities wouldn’t activate after being pressed for 10 secs to a few minutes.

Then when things really start to freeze up, it crashes to character selection with Error Code=7:11:3:189:101. I’ve made sure GW2 has been given permission in my firewall. I’ve made sure nobody in the house was downloading, or even using the internet in any way. While I’m having these lag issues, other games (ps3 games) have no issues with connectivity, and my internet browsers are running full speed as well.

I thought it may have been netflix causing the issues at first, but after closing netflix that was on the wii system, and shutting the system down I am still getting this issue.

Pc specs
i15-2500k 3.3 GHz stock speed
16gb ram
ati 6850
win 7 64 bit

Internet speeds aren’t the issue – I’m not sure of my exact down/up rates but I know I can download torrents at 1.3 MB/s (and still not have this kind of lag while downloading at full speed)

Any ideas? This has prevented me from playing since saturday afternoon, I’ve been in GW2 withdrawal all weekend :P

Posted by: Gellus.5264

Gellus.5264

im having a similar problem with the game
though the game wouldn’t technically ‘freeze,’ the idle animations would continue, or any emotes such as cower would continue to play out, continuously
after a few minutes of nothing happening i’ll have to force close the program from the task manager, anything in game stop responding
it happens randomly, i could be in a group event or just running from point A to point B all alone. if im not on my ranger, i usually dont even notice until i get to where im going, my ranger pet is a telltale sign as it lags behind me, assuming where my character still is as per the game server

i have a 9150e quad-core processor 1.80GHz
4GB RAM
Windows Vista 64-bit

Levian.6742

Update**

Just tried both WoW and DC universe, neither of which have any lag what so ever. The problem is exclusive to guild wars.

Posted by: Fish of doom.4137

Fish of doom.4137

same problem here. it is important to note that the in-game char is working fine however th game itself is lagging, the skills has huge delays and after a while a total disconnect from the server.

the game is completely unplayable.

startcarft 2 is working fine, even the in-game chat has no lags at all so the connection to the servers does work.

btw the server is Gunnar’s hold, however it happens on overflow too. the zone was kessex but it happened also on lion’s arch and on Brisban wildlands (on brisband it was less severe but skill delays were still there)

(edited by Fish of doom.4137)

Levian.6742

Update*

Been having the lag issue since Sunday. I can’t test it in off-peak hours as I’m at work, but I can usually play for 30mins to an hour when I get home at 5 before the lag starts and eventually the DC’s.

Still no issues with any other games. Tried http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/bttest.php while the lag was happening to supposedly test if I’m being throttled, but it said there were not issues.

It happens on ALL my characters, although I did notice less lag on my asuran engineer. By “less lag” I only mean 20 second or so delay between skills being used after they’re pressed instead of about 5 minutes or so

Posted by: Dahita.1943

Dahita.1943

Hello,

I’m having the exact same problem, yet I have a 100mbit optic fiber connection.

I just can’t play, is there anyway to fix this please?